When the invoice has been finalised and payments have been added, follow the steps below to credit and refund a part of the invoice. If the invoice has been finalised, but payments have not yet been added on the invoice, you can use the credit the invoice, create new draft option to credit the original invoice, edit the items, and invoice again.
1. Select the item(s) to be refunded or replaced.
- On the invoice page, open the Credit note dialogue and select Credit some invoice items. The refund dialogue opens.
- Depending on your department's credit note date settings, you may be able to select the date used for the credit note. If you want to use the original invoice date as the credit note date, select the Use original invoice date checkbox. If you do not select the checkbox, the current date is used for the credit note.
- The Create credit note as draft checkbox is selected by default. If you create the credit note as a draft, you can still edit or delete it if necessary. This is useful, for example, if you want to add another item to replace the credited item. If you want to finalise the credit note right away, deselect the checkbox.
- Select the rows you want to credit. If you want to credit an invoice row partially, adjust Quantity to refund or Percentage change. For example, to refund 50% of a procedure, enter -50 in the Percentage change field. You can also add a comment in the Reason for credit field.
- Note that if a medicine item has a dispense or injection fee included in the medicine price, the fee is also credited with the medicine. If the fee is a separate item, the medicine and fee items must be selected separately.
- Select Continue. The credit note is created and the due sum is negative. A pop-up message is shown at the bottom of the page with a link to the original invoice.
2. Add the replacement item if required.
If you selected Create credit note as draft, you can add a correct item to the draft credit note to replace the refunded item if required.
3. Finalise the credit note and add the payment.
Depending on your workflow, finalise the credit invoice and add the payment. Note that the value must be negative when you are returning money to the client. If you replaced an item, the value may also be positive if the price of the new item was higher.
If your clinic uses the prepayments function and you have the required rights, you can also transfer the refund to client prepayments.
Payments and Refunds (Nordhealth Pay)
Refunding Payments (Gravity Payments)