This may have happened, for example, if you created a credit note to make corrections on an invoice and transferred a credit to the client's prepayments, but then used another payment method when finalising the credit note process. To remove the extra prepayment from the client's account:
- Go to the Billing tab on the client's page.
- Under Prepayments, select the i button on the prepayment row.
- Select Refund.
- Select a payment type, for example, the same payment type as in the original invoice.
- Add a description to explain that this was an accidental credit transfer.
- Check the sum and date, and select Save.