Settings > General > Department > Calendar & Scheduling options
Calendar Slot Sizes
With this option, you can set the length of the appointment calendar time slots. The length of a slot can be from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.
Enable internal booking
When this option is selected, the internal booking appointment type is available when booking an appointment.
Client tags enabled
When this option is selected, client tags are shown in the dialogue when adding or viewing an appointment.
Always show current day as the default view
When this option is selected, the appointment calendar always shows the current day by default. Otherwise, the calendar shows the previously viewed day, week or month.
Allow booking appointments outside opening hours
When this option is selected, it is possible to book appointments outside the opening hours (the first and last hour of the day). When the option is not selected, a warning message is shown in the appointment booking dialogue when the time is outside the opening hours, and booking is not possible.
Show shift times and types in calendar
When this option is selected, the shift type and start time are shown at the top of the shift block in the appointment calendar.
Swap appointment status and reason type colours
When this setting is selected (1), the appointment reason colour (red in the example below) is shown as the main colour and the appointment status colour as the secondary color (orange in the example below) in appointment calendar entries. When the setting is not selected (2), the status colour is shown as the main colour and the appointment reason colour as the secondary colour.
Settings > General > Department > Booking Settings
Reason type required on appointments and consultations
When this option is selected, Reason type is required when booking an appointment. In addition, if Automatically populate reason from reason type is selected, the Reason type field opens a list of preset reason types. For information about creating reasons, see Setting Up Reason Groups and Appointment Reasons.
Show only users with shifts by default
When this option is selected, the Only users with shifts checkbox in the appointment calendar filters is selected by default.
Hide ward columns by default
When this option is selected, the Hide ward columns checkbox in the appointment calendar filters is selected by default.
Enable marking appointment as confirmed
When this setting is selected, appointments can be marked as confirmed in the appointment calendar.
Information Shown on Appointment Calendar Tooltips and Calendar Slots
With the Information Shown on Appointment Calendar Tooltips setting, you can select the information shown in the calendar tooltip (1).
With the Information Shown on Calendar Slots setting, you can select the information shown in the calendar slots (2).
Click in the field to open a list from which you can select items. To remove a selected item, click the small x.
Settings for Linked Appointments
The following settings are used for linked appointments.
- Enable multi appointments (linked appointments): When this setting is selected, you can create linked appointments for the same client and patient with different staff, time and reason.
- Allow multi appointments to be created only for same date: When this setting is selected, you can create linked appointments only for the same day. Otherwise, you can link appointments between different days.
- Admit multi appointments separately: When this setting is selected, you have to admit linked appointments separately. Otherwise, you can admit linked appointments in one go.
- Always admit multi appointments to the same consultation: When this setting is selected, linked appointments are processed as one consultation. Otherwise, you can select whether to process the linked appointments as one or start a new consultation for each.
- Use main appointment's supervising veterinarian: When this setting is selected, the main appointment's veterinarian is shown in the consultation information when a linked appointment is admitted. Otherwise, the consultation information shows the linked appointment's veterinarian.