General Online Booking Settings
The general, department-level online booking settings are defined in Settings > General > Department > Online booking.
To edit the settings, select the blue pen button next to the section title.
- Enabled: Select this setting to enable the online booking feature for your department. If this setting is not selected, you cannot add online booking for shifts and make online booking available to your clients.
- Available time slots: If your calendar uses smaller time slots (15 minutes is the default), you can select whether to offer all slots, full and half hours, or only full hours in online booking.
- Information: In this field, you can add general information that is shown at the beginning of your online booking form.
- Required time before appointment start: Using this setting, you can limit online booking times so that bookings cannot be made too close to the appointment starting time. For example, if you add 120, clients cannot book appointments less than two hours (120 minutes) before the appointment starts.
- Summary information: In this field, you can add information that is shown on the online booking summary page.
- Default label for "Notes for vet" field: In this field, you can add a title for the field that clients can use to add additional information for the appointment's responsible employee.
- Set "Notes for vet" as a mandatory field: When this setting is selected, clients must add additional information for the appointment's responsible employee.
- CSS data for styling online booking: In this field, you can customise the look of your online booking form using CSS styles.
- Enable client ID field: When this setting is selected, the client ID field is included in the online booking form.
- Set "Client ID" as a mandatory field: This option is available when Enable client ID field is selected. When this setting is selected, clients must add their ID.
In Settings > General > Department > Booking, you can set a preliminary booking time for online bookings:
- Preliminary booking time: In this field, you can define in minutes for how long a time slot will be reserved when a client is making an online booking. For example, if you set the preliminary booking time to 10, the time slot will be reserved for 10 minutes after the client has selected a time slot in online booking. If the client does not confirm the online booking in 10 minutes, the time slot is automatically freed.
Appointment Confirmation and Reminder Settings
To edit these setting, go to Settings > General > Department > Online booking.
- Do not show duration to clients: When this setting is selected, the duration of the appointment is not shown in the confirmation and reminder messages. Only the start time is included.
- Do not show veterinarian's name to clients: When this setting is selected, the name of the appointment's responsible veterinarian is not shown in the confirmation and reminder messages. Note that if the Exclude from appointment reminders and confirmations setting is selected in appointment reason-specific settings, the field is still in included, showing 'Veterinarian' instead of the name. To completely remove the veterinarian information from the message, deselect the appointment reason -specific setting.
- Email message: In this field, you can add a message that is used in confirmation email messages sent to clients when they book an appointment online.
- Send SMS confirmation: When this setting is selected, an SMS confirmation message is sent to clients when they book an appointment online. The message text is defined in the default settings or appointment reason-specific settings.
- Send email copy to department: When this setting is selected, a copy of the client's confirmation email message is sent to your department's email address.