The following instructions apply if you do not use the Referral Portal add-on functionality to receive patient referrals to your Provet Cloud. If you use the Provet Cloud Referral Portal, see how to receive a referral sent via the Referral Portal.
Create a New Referral
Note that to be able to create a referral in Provet Cloud, the referring organisation or veterinarian must first be saved as a client in your Provet Cloud.
To create a new patient referral:
- Go to Dashboard > Patient referrals tab.
- Select New patient referral in the upper right-hand corner of the page. A dialogue opens.
- Add Referring organization and/or Referring veterinarian. This information is required.
- Add Client and Patient. This information is required.
- Add any additional information. For example, you can use the referral status for future reference and referral identification or add additional notes and attachments to the referral.
- Select Save to save the referral or Save and link to appointments to book and link an appointment for the referral.
Next step: Book an Appointment for a Referral
Create a Patient Referral from an Appointment
You can also start by booking an appointment and create a patient referral from the appointment details dialogue:
- In the appointment dialogue, select Referred patient from the Patient type drop-down list at the bottom of the dialogue. New options appear.
- Add the referring organisation or veterinarian and select the Create patient referral checkbox.