New referrals received from the Provet Cloud Referral Portal are listed on Dashboard > Patient Referrals with the status 'Incoming'. The Referral notes column shows some basic information about the referral, such as the referral type and the number of included attachments and DICOM files.
When a referral comes from the Referral Portal to your Provet Cloud, it is not connected to any appointment, consultation, task, ward or person by default. You will complete these steps in Provet Cloud, starting by receiving and checking the referral.
1. Mark the referral as 'Received'.
- On Dashboard > Patient Referrals, open an incoming referral for editing using the white pen button at the end of the row. The referral dialogue opens.
- In the Veterinarian field, assign a responsible employee to the referral.
- For referring organisation and veterinarian as well as the client and patient, the Referral Portal information and matching Provet Cloud information are shown in the dialogue. You can edit them if necessary. If the client and/or patient does not yet exist in your Provet Cloud, you must first create them before you can mark the referral as received. See how Referral Portal and Provet Cloud data is matched.
Note that all the information that the referring veterinarian has filled in or attached to the referral in the Referral Portal is included as attachments, but the attachments will only be available after you have marked the referral as received.
- Select Mark as received. The referral status changes to 'Received'.
2. Check and approve the referral.
- On Dashboard > Patient Referrals, open the received referral for editing using the white pen button at the end of the row. The referral dialogue opens.
- Download the attachments to view the referral information. All the information that the referring veterinarian has filled in or attached to the referral in the Referral Portal is included as attachments at the bottom of the dialogue. Note that it may sometimes take some time for all the attachments to show up in the dialogue after you mark the referral as received.
- After reviewing the information, you can manually change the status of the referral to 'Approved' from the Status drop-down list. This step is not mandatory, but note that if DICOM files are included, they will be automatically uploaded to your PACS after the referral has been marked as approved.
- Select Save.
Referral Portal and Provet Cloud Data Matching
When Provet Cloud receives a referral from the Referral Portal to Provet Cloud, it tries to match the received information with existing information in Provet Cloud. The matched information is shown under the Referrer information and Client and Patient information sections.
Organisation and veterinarian
- If no match is found for the organisation and veterinarian, a new referring organisation and veterinarian (depending on your Referral Portal settings) are automatically created in Provet Cloud.
- If the referring veterinarian is matched, but not the organisation, a new referring organisation and veterinarian are automatically created in Provet Cloud.
- If the referring organisation or veterinarian already exists in Provet Cloud but as a regular organisation or client, a new referring organisation or veterinarian is automatically created even if other information matches perfectly.
Clients and patients
- If there are duplicate clients in your Provet Cloud and a match is found with them, a warning is shown and you can select the correct client from a list.
- The patient information is filled in automatically for a matched client if the patient data matches. Otherwise, you can select the correct patient from a list or create a new patient.
Next step: Book an Appointment for a Referral