You can send a patient referral to another clinic or hospital by email from patient history:
- Find the patient on the Clients & Patients page and go to the patient's History tab.
- Select the email button on the top right-hand side of the patient history section.
- By default, the Email addresses field shows the email address saved in the client information. Replace it with the receiving veterinarians address.
- You may need to select a Sending reason. If automatic task creation for sending reasons is enabled in your Provet Cloud, a task is created for you related to the referral. Sending reasons can also be used to create a report of referrals sent by email.
- The patient history is sent as an email attachment. To add an additional message to the email, you can type directly in the message field or use a template if available. You can also add additional attachments, such as invoices or receipts, if available.
- Select Send.
If the receiving clinic or hospital uses Provet Cloud Referral Portal and has given you access to send referrals to them, you can create and send a referral using the Referral Portal.