Marking a patient as arrived is an optional step. It is typically used when a receptionist handles admissions before the veterinarian begins the consultation. When a veterinarian handles the admission process and begins the consultation directly, the 'mark as arrived' step can be skipped.
If a new patient comes in without an appointment, start by creating a new appointment.
- In the New appointment dialogue, select New client next to the Client field and add the client details in the New client dialogue. Last name is required, and phone number is required by default, but you can disable the requirement by clicking the red X button at the end of the row.
- Select New patient next to the Patient field and add the patient details in the New patient dialogue. Name and species are required.
- Add other relevant appointment information and select Save.
- Right-click on the appointment in the Appointments calendar and select Admit appointment from the pop-up menu.
- On the Mark as arrived to consultation page, you can view and check the appointment details, edit them, and add notes.
- When ready, select one of the Mark as arrived buttons depending on which page you want to be directed to.