Start Consultation for an Admitted Appointment
The easiest way to find appointments marked as arrived is to go the Dashboard and use the Marked as arrived filter under Recent consultations. To go to the consultation page, select the stethoscope button at the end of the row.
The status of the appointment is updated to 'Consultation' automatically when you start adding information on the consultation page, for example, write clinical notes or add treatment items. Optionally, you can change the appointment status to 'Consultation' manually by selecting Start consultation under General info - Consultation.
Other options to go to the consultation page:
- In the appointment calendar, right-click the appointment and select Consultation from the pop-up menu.
- Select the appointment in the calendar to open it. In the Appointment details dialogue, select Go to consultation.
- Find the patient and go to the patient's page. Select Consultation at the end of the tab row.
Skip 'Mark as arrived' and Start a Consultation Directly
You can also begin a consultation directly without marking the patient as arrived first:
- With an appointment: In the Appointment details dialogue, select the small arrow button next to Mark as arrived to consultation and select Go to consultation.
- Without an appointment: On the patient's page, select New > Consultation. On the Mark as arrived to consultation page, select Start Consultation.