Veterinary practices commonly run yearly or quarterly inventory checks for their stock items. When your practice has started using Provet Cloud and you have created the stock items, the stock levels do not initially exist. This means that they first have to be added.
When your inventory items have initial stock levels, you can do inventory checks.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Stock and find the item you want to check.
- On the item row, select the button with three dots and then select Inventory check from the pop-up menu.
- If used in your Provet Cloud, select the Stock location.
- You can select the Date of entry if it is not the current time.
- You can use the Counting method toggle to select whether to add the quantity in packages and units or in just units. If you choose Package (default), you can enter the count in both packages and units or in one of them.
- Enter the found quantities using the Counted packages and/or Counted units fields.
- If batch numbers and expiration dates are used in your Provet Cloud, the batches in the selected stock location are shown row by row.
- If you find a batch that is not initially shown, you can use the plus button (a) to add another row and then select from a list of older batches (expired batches or batches that have been used up). If you cannot find the batch from the list, you can use the add to batch function to add to the batch.
- If the checked quantity matches with the quantity in Provet Cloud, you can also use the right-arrow button (b) next to the Expected amount to add the information to the quantity fields.
- You can add optional additional information in the Note field.
- Select Save. You can also select Save and continue to stay on the same item but choose another location. This is useful if you are checking a particular item through all locations.