1. Select the diagnosis.
On the consultation page, start typing in the search field under Diagnosis to open a list of diagnoses. The available diagnoses are defined in the settings. Depending on the department settings, a diagnosis may be always required for a consultation. If adding a diagnosis is mandatory, but there is no need for a diagnosis, you can select a 'no diagnosis' option from the list.
If the patient has previous diagnoses, you can select Previous diagnoses to view and select them.
Depending on the settings, the + Custom diagnosis button may also be available for adding a free text diagnosis.
2. Add the diagnosis category, type and description.
- In a multi-patient consultation, first select the patient(s) that the diagnosis applies to.
- If you are adding a custom diagnosis, add a name for it in the Diagnosis name field.
- Under Category, select whether the diagnosis is primary or secondary.
- Under Type, select whether the diagnosis is final or differential.
- In the Description field, you can add more information related to this diagnosis specifically.
- You can select a date and time in the Date field. If you do not select a date and time, the current date and time are saved when you save the diagnosis.
- The main Veterinarian of the consultation is added automatically to the diagnosis, but you can change it if necessary.
- If complication reports are used in your Provet Cloud and you have the required permissions, you can create a complication report by selecting the Create a complication report and create a task option. This option is selected by default for diagnoses that are set as complication diagnoses in the settings. Otherwise, the Do not create a complication report option is selected by default. You can also select the Complication report category and Complication report subcategory or add them later on the patient page. When you save a diagnosis with complication report selections, a task for filling out the complication report is created for you. Go to the patient page to edit the complication report.
- When finished, select Save.