What is Provet Cloud?
Provet Cloud is a modern cloud-based veterinary practice management system which aims to help veterinarians of all professions to streamline their practice processes, improve the standard of care, increase practice performance and customer satisfaction.
At the heart of Provet Cloud is the consultation process - the core workflow where veterinary practitioners meet with clients and their pets, the patients. Clinic employees must be able to easily and confidently schedule shifts, book appointments, admit patients, oversee their care in the clinic, present invoices and take payments for their work.
That's where Provet Cloud comes in, but that's not where it stops. Provet Cloud also offers a variety of supporting features to help you manage your clinic. You can capture client feedback, manage reminders, integrate with diagnostic devices, manage inventory, generate various financial reports, and much more. Provet Cloud is the engine for your veterinary practice.
Overview of Provet Cloud
Cloud-based, what does it mean?
Cloud-based means that an application, service or a resource is available on-demand via the Internet, and uses a remote server resource to make it all happen (we use Amazon Web Services). This means that Provet Cloud requires no local installations or extra devices like local servers. You will, however, need a stable internet connection and computers for users since Provet Cloud works entirely through your web browser (Google Chrome is recommended). Your clinic's Provet Cloud is available for use from anywhere, but it can also be restricted if needed.
Provet Cloud's user interface consists of three main components:
- The top menu bar, shown in blue on the screenshot below. This area is always visible and allows you to conduct searches, control your account, and see notifications.
- The main menu on the left, shown in black. This is the main navigation bar that allows you to access the main dashboard, client & patient database, appointments, reports and settings. Some of the sections may be hidden depending on your permissions as a clinic employee.
- The main content area with a light background. This is the area that changes depending on where you navigate and this is where you see the content that you're looking for. The black menu on the left can be collapsed or hidden to show more of the main content area.
Content text is usually displayed in black, while links to other pages are usually blue. Interaction options like buttons and menus are usually displayed in green or blue if they initiate something and in white or red if they stop or cancel something, or have a secondary function.
Areas and menus
Provet Cloud is divided into five main content areas:
- The dashboard is the default page that is shown to all users who log in. In its simplest form, it shows information about upcoming and ongoing consultations, but it can also show extra tabs for triage, treatment plans, laboratory functions, diagnostic imaging and patient referrals.
- The clients and patients area provides access to your clinic's database of clients, patients, cost estimates, invoices and reminders. It can also include tabs for insurance claims, prescriptions and health plan subscriptions. It has extended search options and export features so you can find the info, and use it.
- The appointments menu contains the calendars of Provet Cloud. The shift calendar can be used to plan and manage your personnel work shifts. The appointment calendar can then be used to schedule and manage appointments based on the aforementioned shifts. You can also use Provet Cloud's online booking and pre-registration features in conjunction with the appointment calendar.
- The reports area contains all main reporting options of Provet Cloud, ranging from practice performance reports, financials, inventory management to client feedback reports. This area is not visible for regular users by default.
- The settings area is the most extensive section in Provet Cloud, providing clinic managers with a myriad of customisation options. It also provides access to some features like inventory management, system logs and subscription management.
In terms of everyday usage, the most important database elements are the clients (animal owners) and patients (animals). The list of clients is the core of the database - each patient must be connected to a client, and each client can have one or many patients connected to them. Relevant features are connected to clients and/or patients like invoices, insurance claims, cost estimates, appointment info, patient medical history, prescriptions, forms, communication history and much more.
Supporting information like price lists, inventory data and various templates are stored in the background, and are accessible from the settings area.
Reports are always generated on-demand but can be downloaded to save in XLSX or PDF formats.