Use e-signatures with cost estimates to avoid printing paper documents in order to receive the conventional signature.
1. Finalise the estimate
Cost estimates now need to be finalised to prevent any changes to them after they have been signed electronically. Finalise them using the green "Finalise estimate" button on the estimate page.
2. Create the e-signature request
On the estimate page, select the blue "E-signature" button from the bottom or top right. A new dialogue, which is shown below, will open for request creation.
Select whether the request should be delivered to the customer using email or an SMS message. In this article, we will use the email option.
Use the "Generate PIN code" option if you plan to use the clinic's device for receiving the signature. In this case, you don't need to use the email or SMS options at all. See more about PIN code login option from this article.
Edit the message and adjust the validity time if needed, and select "Save" to create the request.
3. Process the request and wait for the customer to sign
A new dialogue will open, showing the request status and the option to cancel it if needed. Once the request is generated and sent to the customer, they should be able to sign it form their device. You can close the dialogue in case the customer is not signing it immediately.
- Once the customer receives the message, they can start the signature process by opening the link within the message.
- They will be presented with the preview of the document and the option to either "DECLINE" it or "START" the signature process. They can also change the language from the top right or clear the signature area if they need another attempt.
- Once they select the blue "START" button, they will be directed to the signature screen (shown below). They should write the signature into the appropriate box with either touch or a conventional computer mouse if that's in use.
- The last step is to select "SEND" to finalise the process. A final confirmation dialogue will appear to make sure the customer is certain about their decision. After the signature is successfully given, the customer-side actions are complete, and they can close the page. The customer also receives a PDF copy to their email.
After a successful signature
Once the signature is successfully received, the estimate is marked appropriately using a green message on the bottom and top right of the estimate page, and no further actions are needed. You can also print the signed document from the estimate page, using the blue "Print signed document" button (but there should be no need for that).