You can set reminders to be sent to clients at specific times for specific purposes, such as follow-up visits or yearly check-ups. In addition to adding reminders manually, you can create automatic reminders and send confirmation messages and reminders about upcoming appointments when scheduling appointments.
Adding a New Reminder
1. Create a new reminder.
You can start adding a new reminder from different places in Provet Cloud:
- Go to Clients & Patients > Reminders and select New reminder.
- Go to a client's page > Reminders tab and select Add.
The Create reminder dialogue opens.
2. Fill in the client and patient information.
If you started from a specific client's page, the client, patient, email address and phone number are automatically filled in. Otherwise, fill in the information. Client and patient are required.
3. Select the sending method.
From the Default send method drop-down list, select the method for delivering the reminder message to the client:
- Email, SMS (text message) or both. With these options, make sure that the client's email address and/or phone number are available in the client's information and that sending email and/or SMS is enabled for the client.
- Post: If sending email or SMS to the client is not possible, you can use this option as an internal reminder to contact the client in another way, for example, by phone.
- External: Select this option if you use an integrated third-party service for sending reminders.
4. Select a reminder template or type the reminder message.
If reminder templates are available, you can select a template from the Reminder template drop-down list. You can edit the default subject and message text added from the template, but note that if the template is updated, the updated template message may override all existing reminders that have been created using the template.
If you want to type your message manually, select the Don't use template and enter text manually checkbox, add a Subject, and type your message in the message text field. Note that client communication messages are often defined in the organisation’s policy. Check your policy with your supervisor.
5. Set the reminder sending schedule.
In the Due/expiry date field, add an expiry date for the reminder. You can type directly in the field or select the date using the calendar button at the end of the field.
In the Send before field, define how many days before the expiry date you want the client to receive the reminder. Note that you cannot enter a number that will not allow for the reminder to be sent. For example, if you set tomorrow as the expiry date, the reminder cannot be sent 5 days before.
If you want the reminder to be sent repeatedly, select the frequency from the Recur reminder drop-down list (for example, weekly). In the Recurring times field, add the number of times you want to resend the reminder.
6. Select Save.
You can view the reminders saved for a specific client on the client page > Reminders tab. All reminders of all clients are shown on the Clients & Patients > Reminders tab. The reminders are added to the sending queue and will be sent automatically at the defined time(s). You can edit (1) or delete (2) a reminder using the buttons at the end of the reminder row. If you want to add an already sent reminder back to the sending queue, select the plus button (3). To send a reminder manually right away, select the send button (4).