End of Day (EOD) reports are used to review financial sales transactions and payments that have occurred during the business day. They help to verify that the amount of payments received matches what is reported by Provet Cloud.
The contents of End of Day reports are dynamic. This means that the report contents may change after a report was created or marked as ready for accounting if new invoices or payments are created to the report's time range. One payment can also appear in multiple reports if the start and end times of the reports overlap.
1. Create an End of Day report.
- On the main Dashboard, select the End of day button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. The End of Day report page opens.
- Select the Create new report button. A dialogue opens.
- Select whether to create the report for the transactions of All users or a Selected user. A common workflow is that each cashier employee or register station creates an End of Day report for their shift at the end of the work period. Alternatively, an End of Day report can be created for each workday.
- Select the Start timestamp and End timestamp to define the time range for the report. You can also add an optional Description.
- Add the Start cash amount, End cash amount and any Cash withdrawals that occurred during the report time range. A cash withdrawal is any cash removed from the register, for example, if a large cash payment was removed for early deposit to maintain register security and safety. You can use the calculator in the End cash amount field to calculate the end cash sum: add the amounts using the calculator coins and notes fields and select Set to enter the total sum to the end cash amount field.
- If there are draft invoices in the selected time range, they are listed in the dialogue. To open an invoice, select the arrow button at the end of the invoice row. Note that depending on the reporting settings, it may not be possible to mark the report as ready for accounting if there are draft invoices in the report's time range.
- Depending on the reporting settings, you may be able to manually add sums for different payment methods. You can use this to check any differences with payments added to Provet Cloud.
- Select Save. The report is generated on the End of day reports tab.
2. Review the End of Day report.
The created End of Day reports are listed on the End of day reports tab. To filter the list, you can define a date range, select the users whose transactions you want to view, and select the status of the End of Day report ('Open', 'Ready for accounting', or 'Reported to accounting').
To view a report, select the eye button (1). To edit the report options, select the pen button (2). To delete the report, select the trash can button (3). Reports in the 'open' status can be edited or deleted.
The report shows the following information:
- The Cash payments, Card payments, and All payments tabs show the payments from the selected time range by payment type. All payments includes also any other payment methods in addition to cash and card payments.
- The Sales tab shows all finalised invoices and the total sales balance. Consolidated invoices are not included, but invoices that are part of consolidated invoices are included. Sales tax amounts are also included, and all totals are shown with and without the sales tax.
- The Receivables tab shows any unpaid invoices, including consolidated invoices.
- The Used prepayments tab shows the prepayments that were used to pay invoices.
Depending on the reporting settings, you may be able to make corrections to the payments on the report using the Correction button (1), for example, change the payment method. These corrections are only for informational purposes and do not affect payments on finalised invoices or reports.
At the bottom of the dialogue, you can find a full payment summary of the different payment methods.
You can print a summary of the report with the selected information using the options in the Print button's arrow menu (2). To print the summary with all payments, select the Print button without any option from the arrow menu.
3. Mark the End of Day report as ready for accounting.
When the End of Day report is ready, select the Mark as ready for accounting button in the report dialogue and confirm. The report status is updated, and the report is shown on the Ready for accounting tab. Note that depending on the reporting settings, it may not be possible to mark the report as ready for accounting if there are draft invoices in the report time range.
To filter the ready for accounting report list, you can define a date range and select the users whose transactions you want to view. You can open and view reports ready for accounting using the eye button, but you cannot edit or delete them. However, you can select the Return status to open button in the report dialogue to change the report status back to 'open' and then edit it again on the End of day reports tab.
Reports 'ready for accounting' show the same information as 'open' reports, and the printing options are also the same. In addition, you can select Print balance sheet. The balance sheet shows the receivables and payments under Debit and all invoice rows grouped by account numbers with the total sum for each group under Credit. Prepayments are shown under Debit if the prepayment sum is positive (more used than added prepayments) and under Credit if it is negative (more added than used prepayments).
Payments Not in End of Day Reports
Invoice payments and prepayments that are currently not included in any End of Day report are shown on the Payments not in end of day reports tab on the right-hand side of the End of Day reports page. This list includes all payments in your system that have not been included within the date and time range and user filters in any of your currently saved End of Day reports. For example, if the time range of a report does not cover all transactions of the day, or if some user's transactions are not included in a report, these payments are shown on the list.
It is recommended that you review the Payments not in end of day reports tab routinely to verify that all payments are accounted for in End of Day reports.
You can filter the payment list by a date range and include or exclude users.
Settings > General > Department > Reporting
- Enable user to input amounts for each payment method: When selected, users can manually add sums for different payment methods on End of Day reports to check any differences with payments added to Provet Cloud.
- Enable payment corrections on end of day reports: When selected, users can make corrections to payments on End of Day reports. These corrections are only for informational purposes and do not affect payments on finalised invoices or reports.
- Do not allow closing end of day report if there are draft invoices on selected time frame: When selected, End of Day reports cannot be marked as ready for accounting if there are draft invoices in the time range selected for the report.
- Use latest end of day report’s end time as the default start time: When selected, the Date end time of the latest End of Day report is automatically added as the default Date start time for the next End of Day report. The date can be changed.
To have account numbers included in accounting report XLS exports, you can add them to the following account fields:
- End of day report: Cash account number
- End of day report: Card account number
- End of day report: Bank account number
- End of day report: Mobile account number
- End of day report: Cheque account number
- End of day report: Voucher account number
- End of day report: Gift card account number
- End of day report: Financing company account number
Settings > Users > Permission groups
- Can access / edit end of day and accounting reports: This setting controls the availability of the End of Day report functionality for user permission groups.