Overview of Clients and Patients
In Provet Cloud, clients can exist alone without any patients connected to them, but all patients must be connected to a client. Clients can have multiple patients or even groups of patients or herds connected to them. Relevant information, such as invoices, insurance claims, cost estimates, appointment information, patient medical history, prescriptions, forms, communication history etc., are connected to clients and/or patients.
To access your Provet Cloud client and patient records, go to the Clients & Patients view. For more information about finding and viewing client and patient information, see Search Functions and Viewing Client and Patient Information.
Adding a New Patient
1. Create a new patient.
New patients can be created from different locations in Provet Cloud.
- On a client's page, select New > Patient (1). If a client does not yet have any patients linked to them, you can also start by selecting the Add patient link (2) under the client’s name.
When adding a new appointment, first add a client in the New appointment dialogue and then select New patient.
- On the Dashboard, select Tools > Patient in the top right corner. Note that if you start from here, you also have to connect the patient to a client. You can select an existing client or add a new client and patient at the same time.
2. Fill in the patient details.
- Name and Species
Fill in any additional information necessary for your purposes, such as the patient's Breed, Blood group, Gender, Date of birth, Date of registration, Colour, Insurance company and Insurance number, Microchip id, Register number, CPR agreement made with the client, Additional identification and Passport number. Some other additional information is listed below. Available fields may vary depending on the organisation and department settings.
- Official name: May be required depending on the department settings.
- Tags: You can add tags or select existing tags if available, for example, to provide extra information about the patient. Tags may be required depending on the department settings.
- Stable/yard name and/or separate address if the patient's address is different from the client's address. The fields are available depending on the department settings.
- Critical notes and Remarks: You can add any critical notes about the patient as well as additional remarks. Critical notes are shown at the top of the patient's consultation view.
- Home department: The patient's home department in your organisation. This can be different from the client's home department if a client has several patients with different home departments.
- Private patient: Available depending on the organisation settings. The private patient option allows restricting the patients' visibility to only the selected departments.
- Deceased and Reason of death: You can add the date and reason of death of a deceased patient. Deceased patients are automatically archived.
- Archived: Besides deceased patients, you can also archive other patients if needed.
3. Save the patient details.
After saving the patient details, you are directed to the patient profile page or back to the appointment booking view depending on where you started adding the new patient.
Adding Multiple Patients
You can add multiple patients for the same client in one go.
- On the client page, select New > Add multiple patients.
- You can use tags to represent the patients as a group. In the Tags field, add tags or select existing tags if available.
- Use the Add button to add as many patient rows as you need. You can also select one of the options in the drop-menu to add several rows at once. To remove a row, click the red X at the end of the row.
- Fill in the patient details and save. After saving, you can view and edit the patients' details individually on the client and patient page.
Editing Patient Details
To edit the data on the pages, click the pen icon next to the section title.
Note that you can also edit many of the fields directly: just click on the field to enter editing mode.
Archiving a Patient
To archive a patient, select the Archived option on the patient details page. When you add a date of death in the Deceased field, the patient is automatically archived.
An archived patient is not shown in the Clients & Patients list by default. You can find archived patients on the client's page using the Archived filter under Patients. Depending on the department settings, archived patients may also be included in super search results.
Viewing Client and Patient Information
Please sign in to leave a comment.