A purchase invoice (also known as packing slip) is a commercial document that your business receives from a wholesaler who sells you items, for example, medicines, supplies, or food. It includes details such as item names, quantities, and prices.
A purchase invoice can come in a digital form, or it can be a paper document. When you receive the items and the purchase invoice with it, the data must be entered into Provet Cloud manually.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Stock > Product orders / Purchase invoices.
- Select Add purchase invoice.
- On the Purchase order / Purchase invoice page, select the pen button in the header section. A dialogue opens.
- Fill in the invoice details and select Save.
- Add the items. You can use the search bar or item buttons to find the items from your item list.
- Tip: If the barcode has been saved to the item details, you can place your cursor on the search bar on the purchase invoice page and scan the barcode from the product to quickly find the item from your item list.
- After adding an item, you can edit it by selecting the pen button at the end of the item row. You can update the item order quantity and the wholesale price. To update your pricing scheme, select the Update prices checkbox. When you save your changes, the delivery quantity on the item row is automatically updated to match the ordered quantity.
- To confirm a row, select the checkmark button on the row. If batch numbers and expiration dates are used in your Provet Cloud, a new dialogue opens and you can assign the batch number and expiration date for the item. The item is added to your stock.
- When finished, select Confirm added to stock to finalise the purchase invoice.