What is a purchase invoice?
A purchase invoice (also known as packing slip) is a commercial document that your business has received from a wholesaler who has sold you some items like medicines, supplies, or food. It will have details like item names, amounts, and prices. A purchase invoice can come in a digital form, or it can be a paper document. When you receive the items and the purchase invoice with it, the data must be entered into Provet Cloud manually. To do that, follow the instructions below.
1. Navigate to the purchase invoice section
Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Stock > Product orders / Purchase invoices.
2. Create a new purchase invoice
Select “Add purchase invoice.” A new purchase invoice is created and opened.
This is how the purchase invoice screen will look:
3. Fill invoice header fields
- Click on the white pen button to edit the header.
- In the dialogue that opens, fill in the invoice details.
- Click “Save” to confirm and exit the dialogue.
4. Add items
- Use either the search bar or “Medicine,” “Food,” or “Supply” buttons on the purchase invoice page to find the item from your item list and select it to add to the invoice. Note that you may have to add the item to your item list first if it’s a new item.
- On the item row, you can click on the white pen button to update the item’s order quantity and the wholesale price if the wholesaler has updated it. You can also update your pricing scheme from the same dialogue by ticking the “Update prices” checkbox.
- Click “Save” to confirm and exit the dialogue. The delivery quantity on the item row will be automatically updated to match the amount ordered.
- Click on the check button to validate the row, which will also effectively add that item to your stock!
NOTE: If you have batch numbers and expiration dates enabled in Provet Cloud, a new dialogue will appear from which you can assign the batch numbers and expiration dates. Batch numbers and expiration dates can be enabled by enabling Settings > General > Department > Stock > “Batch numbers and expiry date in use”.
5. Confirm the purchase invoice
Once you have added all items to the invoice, you can select “Confirm added to stock” to finalize the task and validate any rows that aren’t validated yet.
Please sign in to leave a comment.