Marking the patient as arrived to consultation
There are several ways to start a new consultation in Provet Cloud. The process starts by first admitting the patient into the clinic, or as we call it, marking the patient as arrived. Typically, the admission happens at the reception desk. The “Mark as arrived to consultation” page can be accessed in three different ways.
- The first option can be used when you don’t have a booked appointment for the client. In order to start a new consultation without a scheduled appointment, please follow these steps:
- Enter into a client or patient page, for example through the Super Search function, which is constantly located at the top bar of Provet Cloud. Click on the name of the client, or the patient, and you will land in their profile page.
- Click on the “+ Consultation” button at the top of the page. This will land you to the “Mark as arrived to consultation” page.
- The second option is only applicable when the client already has a booked appointment. Go to the Dashboard “Scheduled appointments” section, and mark the patient as arrived by clicking the green door icon on the right-side of the appointment.
- The third option is also for booked appointments. You will be able to begin the admission process through the Appointment Calendar. First, enter the appointment calendar, and click on the correct appointment in the calendar slot to open the “Appointment details” dialogue. Then, press the green button “Mark as arrived to consultation” at the bottom of the dialogue.
From each of these three options, you will land to the “Mark as arrived to consultation” page. In this view the user can fill-in preliminary information concerning the visit. Typically, the receptionist could check all the appointment details, edit client & patient information, update the patient’s weight, and also write preliminary notes for the veterinarian.
When all the needed details have been entered, you will find two green buttons at the end of the page; “Mark as arrived & go to dashboard”, and “Start consultation” button.
The “Mark as arrived & go to dashboard” button changes the appointment status on the Dashboard accordingly, records the arrival time, and redirects the user to the Dashboard so that they can easily continue to the next task. This workflow is especially recommended for the receptionists. After this, the appointment will appear on the Dashboard “Recent consultations” section, and the appointment status “Marked as arrived” is highlighted with noticeable purple color. This status is an indication for the veterinarian that the patient is waiting in the lobby.
The “Start consultation” button skips the “Marked as arrived” appointment status, and immediately starts the consultation instead. Commonly, this option would be used when the veterinarian is handling the admission process him-/herself, and wants to directly start the consultation without other users being involved. By choosing this option, the consultation arrival time, and start time fields will both have the same timestamp.
Starting the consultation
When the patient has been marked as arrived, the veterinarian can pick up the appointment from the Dashboard “Recent consultations” section. Enter into the consultation by clicking the green stethoscope icon on the right-side.
In the Consultation page, you will find a green button to “Start consultation” in the “General info - Consultation” section. Clicking this button will record the consultation start time, and change the appointment status to “Consultation” on the Dashboard, which indicates to other users that the consultation is now active and on-going.
This manual consultation starting is not mandatory, since the switch to an active consultation also happens automatically when the user starts adding information to the consultation. For example, when the veterinarian begins to write clinical notes or adds any treatment items on the consultation, the consultation automatically turns active. Thus, the appointment status is also changed automatically, and the start time is recorded.
Since both consultation arrival-, and start time are always recorded, Provet Cloud can collect data on the client waiting times. The consultation time data can be viewed under Reports → Practice performance → Consultation time.