- Access the consultation which clinical notes will be added to. One workflow to complete this is from the main dashboard and the recent consultations module. By selecting the green stethoscope icon, you are transferred to the selected consultation page.
- Within the consultation page, scroll down to the 'Clinical notes' section, or click on the section heading on the right-side navigation menu.
- Next, either select within the free type notes field which will expand to accommodate any length of text. Formatting style tools are available such as bold, italics, or underline to assist you in achieving the desired style and format appearance.
- Alternatively, clinical notes can be completed by utilizing previously prepared clinical note text templates. Text templates are previously defined within template settings, and provide a default template to enter additional notations apart of.
- Select "text templates" to access a list of available clinical note templates. Text templates can be manually selected by clicking the green "Add" button of the desired template or searched using the search field located in the upper right-hand corner of the prompt window.
- If the chosen text template includes placeholder fields which request additional input from the user, the template will prompt in an additional window for field completion. If no placeholder fields are available, the text template will generate as standard text within the clinical notes field.
**Please note - pending department clinical note settings, additional save and draft features may appear for selection and use.
Settings > General > Department > Department Settings
- Default clinical note
- Enable multiple clinical notes for policlinical patients
- Automatically open new clinical note
- Enable unapproved clinical notes
- Enable clinical note save draft button
- Display draft clinical notes in patient history
Settings > Items & Lists > Templates > Text templates:
- Create Clinical note text template