During a consultation, you can add treatment items, such as procedures, medicines, foods and supplies, to the patient's medical records. These items are also used for invoicing purposes.
Adding Items Using the Search or Item Buttons
You can search for all available treatment items (procedures, medicines, foods etc.) using the search field under Treatment items.
Type in the field and select an item from the list. The item is added under the relevant section depending on the item type.
To add different treatment items separately:
- Select the plus (+) button next to the section title of the item type you want to add. The search dialogue opens.
- If available, you can select an Item subgroup to limit your search within the subgroup.
- For procedure items: Depending on the department settings, procedure items may be added by default without opening a dialogue for editing the quantity and other item information. You can edit the information later, but if you want to edit it before adding the item, select the Do not skip creation step checkbox. For other item types, the item information dialogue always opens by default.
- Type your search text in the Search field and select an item.
- In the item information dialogue, edit the item information. The information depends on the item type.
The item is added under the item type section. To edit the item information, select the pen button at the end of the item row.
Adding Items From Item Bundles
You can add treatment items from item bundles, if they have been set up in your system.
- Select the Bundles button next to the Treatment items section title.
- In the Treatment item bundles dialogue, select the bundle from which you want to add items.
- In the Add treatment items to consultation dialogue, select the items you want to add.
- You can edit the general information, such as the veterinarian, date, cost center and who the procedure is performed by, and use the Copy to rows button to copy the information to all selected item rows.
- Select whether you want to Show only bundle title on finalised invoice. If you do not select this option, the individual items are shown on the invoice.
- Select Add. The items are added under the item type section.
Adding Previously Used Items
You can add previously used treatment items or items from a previous consultation.
Select the small arrow next to the Bundles button and one of the options from the menu:
- Previous consultations: Opens a list of the patient's previous consultations. Select a consultation and then pick the items you want to use.
- Previous treatment items: Opens a list of all items (on different tabs) previously used for the patient. Select the items you want to use.
Adding Items from Health Plans
If a patient is an active health plan member, a green heart and a link are shown in the sidebar on the right-hand side of the consultation page. During a consultation, you can select items from the patient's health plan. For more information, see Using a Health Plan During a Consultation.