All active procedure, medicine, food and supply items are available for use during a consultation as treatment items. Adding treatment items during a consultation is how items are included for invoicing as well as for patient medical care record purposes. This article will discuss how to add treatment items within an active consultation.
- Scroll down to the 'Treatment items' section, or click on the 'Treatment items' title within the right-side navigation menu if available within an ongoing consultation
- Search for the desired treatment billing item within the treatment items section, by either using the combined search field or selecting the "+" button located next to the appropriate item type. An example screen is provided below for your reference.
NOTE: item templates can be searched and selected either through the combined search field pending settings preferences, or through the 'item templates' button.
- Select the item row to open the confirmation prompt once the treatment billing item has been located. Each item type (procedure, medicine, food, supply) prompt will vary in available information fields displayed for confirmation and review.
- Confirm and review information fields for accuracy and select 'Save'.
- The treatment item will be added within the corresponding item type section. If the item requires updating, select the blue edit pen icon to re-open the information prompt.
Settings > General > Department > Department Settings
- Add procedures without confirmation dialog with amount 1 - when this setting is enabled, all procedures will automatically be added to the consultation with a default quantity of 1 and does not require the user to complete a confirmation prompt
- Price adjustment allowed on consultation - when this setting is enabled, item price adjustments are allowed within a consultation
- Include templates in consultation treatment items search - when this setting is enabled, item templates are included in combined treatment item search results
- Exclude linked items from treatment items search - when this setting is enabled, any linked items are excluded from the combined treatment items search results