Patient automatic reminders can be defined in settings so that a reminder for the next due service is automatically created and triggered by appropriate corresponding item(s), patient species or consultation diagnosis, consultation quantity, or a patient's age. Reminder rules can be created to generate reminders which help manage and remind clients about vaccinations, laboratory testing such as blood panels or faecal screening, routine standard of care procedures such as annual exams, maintenance injections, or preventative care products.
To access reminder settings please follow: Settings > Items & Lists > Reminders.
Reminder templates must first be created prior to creating any reminder rules which define reminder generating behaviour. Reminder templates serve as the communication template which the client will receive when the reminder is shared with the client. Reminders can be sent via four methods: email, SMS, post or an external method.
To create a reminder template:
- Select 'Add'
- Define the template title. This title will appear as the name of the reminder within a patient's page
- Define the department this template is available to if multiple departments are in use. By selecting '------ ' all departments can access the template
- Define the text communication the client will receive within 1-3 of the sending method entry fields available
- Select 'Save' when all information fields are completed
Placeholders are identified by double opposing brackets [[......]]. Placeholders serve the purpose of identifying where and what information will be automatically populated and included within the defined space from Provet Cloud. Placeholders are available for standard information such as patient name, client name, clinic telephone. Example placeholders would be [[patient_name]] or [[clinic_name]].
Default placeholders are available for use and cannot freely be created. To include a placeholder in a reminder template, select the blue 'Placeholder' drop-down menu and choose the desired selection.
Automatic Reminder Creation Rules
Automatic reminder creation rules are necessary to define automatic reminder behaviour.
To create reminder rules:
- Select 'Add' from the reminder rule section
- Define the department which the reminder rule will function within or '-------' to allow the rule to function within all departments
- Define a name for the reminder rule to reference it by
- Select the reminder template which will be utilized as the communication template to the client
- Select whether the reminder will be created through consultations, counter sales or both
- Select when the reminder is created. Either when the item is added or when the invoice is finalized
- Select the send method: email, SMS, post, external
- Select the reminder due date in days
- Define the number of days before the due date which the reminder will be shared with the client
- Select the condition rule which the reminder will be created by
- All of the following conditions are met - the reminder will only be created if all of the defined conditions are met
- Any of the following conditions are met - the reminder will be created if any of the defined conditions are met
- Define the reminder rule conditions. One selection is required. Condition selections include: patient species, item, patient age in months, consultation diagnosis or amount of consultations for the patient
- To add additional conditions, select the 'Add' button
- To delete conditions, select the trash bin icon at the end of the condition row
- Select "save" when all entry fields are completed
There are several reminder management settings available to assist in the management of patient reminders.
To access reminder settings please follow: Settings > department > reminders >
- Automatic reminder sending enabled: This setting controls whether reminders are communicated by the defined send method automatically to the client
- Send reminders daily at: This setting defines the time which reminders are automatically communicated to the client
- Combine patient email reminders: This setting allows multiple patient reminders to be combined into a single email communication to the client
- Number of days to combine reminders for: This setting controls the number of days by which Provet Cloud will combine reminders when sending an email reminder communication to the client
- Automatically remove upcoming duplicate reminders: This setting controls whether upcoming, not past due reminders will be automatically updated if a more current service is provided with a later expiry date
- Remove existing duplicate reminders that are due in: This setting defines the number of days in relation to and in advance to an upcoming reminder that Provet Cloud will update the expiry date