Provet Cloud provides several ways to search for information in the system, including the 'super search' field in the top menu bar of the Provet Cloud view, the search options in the Clients & Patients view, and other page-specific search functions on various pages.
The text searches in Provet Cloud look for words that begin with the characters you type in the search field. The word can be located anywhere in a multi-word result, for example, 'Callie Coleman', 'Colin Durgherty', 'AQUAVAC RELERA VET concentrate suspension 1000ml'. In addition to text search fields, many pages include filters that can be used to find information.
Using the Super Search
'Super search' refers to the search field in the top menu bar of the Provet Cloud view. It is always available and can be used to search for various data in the system regardless of which page you are currently on.
When you click in the super search field, the available filters appear below the field. Type your search text in the field and select the filter(s) you want to use. If you do not select any filters, the search looks through all the areas of the system. The following filters are available:
- Clients: Finds the clients that have the search text in the name, email address, or phone number.
- Patients: Finds the patients that have the search text in the name or Patient ID.
- Items: Finds the items that have the search text in the name.
- Bundles: Finds the item bundles that have the search text in the name.
- Discharge note templates: Finds the discharge note templates that have the search text in the title.
- Depending on your organisation's settings, the last filter is either This department or All departments.
- When This department is selected, the search looks for matches only in the currently select department. You can see your currently selected department in the top left corner of the Provet Cloud view. When the filter is not selected, the search looks for matches in all departments.
- When All departments is selected, the search looks for matches in all departments. When the filter is not selected, the search looks for matches only in the currently selected department.
- To clear one filter, click it again. To reset all selected filters, select X.
The results that match your search are listed below the search field.
Example: Checking Price Information
When you need to quote a price on an item quickly, perhaps while on the phone, the super search provides an easy way to find the item and check the price without having to go to another page to look for the information.
When you search for item bundles, you can open the bundle, select the items to include and adjust quantities to quickly see the total cost.
Clients & Patients Search
In the Clients & Patients view, you can make a basic search by client or patient name or ID or select the Extended search check box for more search options.
Using the extended search options, you can search with additional information and limit your search results further, for example, search for cat owners whose last name is Jones. The search results are listed below the extended search options list.
Other Searches and Filters
Various pages and tabs in Provet Cloud include page-specific search functions and filters (1), for example, the different tabs on the client and patient page. On many pages, you can also save your selected filters and search (2) so that they are applied by default the next time you view the information. For more information about finding information on specific pages and tabs, see the articles related to the specific topics.