Using item alert levels, you can identify stock items which require attention due to a critically low stock level. Using item optimum levels, you can identify stock items which are below an ideal stock level but not yet critically low. This level also provides a suggested order quantity when adding the item to an order.
You can set alert and optimum levels if you have the required user permissions. The following user permission is required: Can access / edit item stock alert levels.
Enable Optimum Stock Level
Using optimum stock levels must be enabled separately. Go to Settings > Department > Settings and select Enable optimal stock levels.
Define Alert and Optimum Levels
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Items.
- Find and open the stock item you want to set alert and optimum levels by selecting the pen button at the end of the item row.
- Go to the Stock and pricing tab
- In the Alert level field, set the minimum stock alert level in packages. The alert level can be used in stock searches.
- In the Optimum level field, set the optimum stock level in packages. The optimum level will be used in stock ordering.
- Select Save.