Provet Cloud offers convenient stock management features to assist with managing and ordering stock items. Item alert levels can be set to easily identify stock items which require urgent attention due to a critically low stock level. Item optimum levels can be set to easily identify stock items which are below an ideal stock level, however are not critically low. This level will also provide a suggested order amount when adding the item to an order.
Optimum stock level must be enabled by following: Settings > Department > Settings > Use optimum level on stock orders.
How to Define Alert and Optimum Levels
- Access item settings by following: Settings > items & lists > items
- Identify the stock item you wish to set alert and optimum levels for by using the search and filter options available
- Access item specific settings by selecting the edit pen icon located at the end of the item row
- Select the 'stock and pricing' tab
- Locate the 'alert level' field within the Stock Options block
- Define the minimum stock alert level in packages quantities which will be used in stock searches
- Locate the 'optimum level' field within the same Stock options block
- Define the optimum stock level in packages which will be used in stock ordering
- Select 'Save'
How to Manage Stock using Alert and Optimum Levels
- Access the stock page by following: Settings > items & lists > stock
- Select 'alert' and/or 'below optimum level' check boxes as desired to view appropriate stock results
- Use additional filter or search options to narrow displayed results
- Review stock item results
- Build a purchase order and easily add any items which require ordering to the order by selecting the shopping cart icon at the end of the item row
- Complete order specification information
- Order amount is displayed in packages
- Select a previously created order or begin a new order
- Select a wholesaler (if selections have been previously created in stock settings)
- Select 'Add to order' to complete the process
- A shopping cart icon will now appear next to the item quantity to indicate the item is present on an open order. Selecting this icon will open the purchase order for easy review
- Utilize your normal stock ordering processes to submit the purchase order. Pending integration availability this may be through a live integration or manually and directly with your wholesaler.