You can add external files and other additional notes to client and patient records. Typically, such additional information might be an updated confirmation of personal information that the client has signed and electronically provided to the clinic, or external files related to a patient's care.
Adding Notes and Files on a Client's Page or on a Consultation
- You can start adding a new note from different places in Provet Cloud:
- Client page: Go to the Communication tab and select Add.
- Consultation page: Under General info, select the blue plus button in the Connected notes field.
- Provet Cloud shared inbox
- In the Add note dialogue, select a note type from the Type drop-down list. The note type helps organise the notes and communications and makes finding entries easier.
- In the Title field, add a descriptive title for the note.
- The Client and Patient fields are automatically filled in based on the page you started from. If the note is not related to a specific patient, you can leave the patient field empty.
- If you started from a consultation page, the related Consultation is automatically selected. A link to the note is added on the consultation page.
- You can also link the note to a specific Consultation laboratory request or a Diagnostic imaging request.
- In the Note field, type your notes or a description of the file you are adding.
- To add a file, drag and drop the file to the Drop files here to upload area or click in the area to browse and select a file.
- The maximum size of one file is 75 MB. The maximum total size of multiple files saved to one note is 256 MB.
- In addition to common file formats such as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPG, XLS, and XLSX, many other file formats are also accepted. For a more extensive list of accepted and unaccepted file formats, see File Uploads in Provet Cloud.
- Select Save. On the client page, you can also email the note to the client using Save and send email.
Adding Notes and Files From the Shared Inbox
Notes and files can be saved to client and patient records from the Provet Cloud shared inbox.
Your clinic's shared inbox is located on the Dashboard at the bottom of the page. You can find the shared inbox address next to the Shared inbox title (email@example.com, where 'xxxx' is your organisation's Provet Cloud ID). Anyone who has the address can send emails to it, for example, clinic employees and animal owners.
To use the shared inbox for saving notes and attachments, either forward or instruct the sender to send the information to your Provet Cloud shared inbox address. Information can be automatically linked from the email to the correct patient and client. For more information on sending emails to the shared inbox and saving email content to client and patient records, see Shared Inbox.
Viewing and Editing Notes
You can view the notes and files saved to client and patient records in different places in Provet Cloud:
- Client and patient page > Communication tab. To edit a note, select the pen button on the note row. To archive a note, select the trashcan button on the note row and confirm. Archived notes can be found using the Archived filter.
- Client and patient page > History tab
- Shared inbox, Recently saved filter. To edit a note, select the green eye button on the row to open the note and then select Edit.
- Consultation page, under General info. To edit a note, select the note link to open the note and then select Edit.