Provet Cloud automatically stores SMS (text message) and email communications with clients, as well as various notes and attachments added during consultations, in the client and patient records. These notes and communications can be viewed on the client and patient page's Communication tab.
On the Communication tab, you can also directly add external files and other additional notes, such as external files related to a patient's care or personal information that a client has signed and electronically provided to the clinic.
Viewing Client Communications and Notes on the Communication Tab
Go to a client and patient page > Communication tab (1). Client communication and notes are divided into different categories. You can use the filters to view specific types of communications and notes (2), including all, active, or archived entries (3). If a patient has been selected, the communications and notes related to the selected patient are shown. If you want to view the communications and notes related to all of the client's animals, click the small x to remove the patient selection (4). You can select a patient from the drop-down list under the client's name (5).
Sources of Notes and Communication Records
Notes and communications shown on the Communication tab can originate from several places:
- Consultation page: Notes and attachments added under General info in the Connected notes field.
- Laboratory referral attachments: Attachments added to laboratory requests on Dashboard > Laboratory.
- Patient referral attachments: Attachments added to patient referrals on Dashboard > Patient Referrals.
- SMS and email messages: Email and text messages sent directly or from various Provet Cloud functions, such as booking confirmations, consultation summaries, and health plan subscriptions. Note that manually created and automated reminders are not shown on this tab, but can be viewed on the Reminders tab.
- Shared inbox: Notes and attachments saved to client and patient records from the Provet Cloud shared inbox.
Other Places to View Client and Patient Notes or Communications
Other places where you can find client and patient related notes and communications include:
Adding Notes and Files Directly on the Communication Tab
- On the Communication tab, select Add.
- In the Add note dialogue, select a note type from the Type drop-down list. The note type helps organise the notes and communications and makes finding entries easier.
- In the Title field, add a descriptive title for the note.
- The Client and Patient fields are automatically filled in based on the page you started from. If the note is not related to a specific patient, you can leave the patient field empty.
- You can select a specific Consultation that the note is related to. A link to the note is added on the consultation page.
- You can also link the note to a specific Consultation laboratory request or a Diagnostic imaging request.
- In the Note field, type your notes or a description of the file you are adding.
- To add a file, drag and drop the file to the Drop files here to upload area or click in the area to browse and select a file.
- The maximum size of one file is 75 MB. The maximum total size of multiple files saved to one note is 256 MB.
- In addition to common file formats such as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPG, XLS, and XLSX, many other file formats are also accepted. For a more extensive list of accepted and unaccepted file formats, see File Uploads in Provet Cloud.
- Select Save. On the client page, you can also email the note to the client using Save and send email.
Editing and Archiving Notes on the Communication Tab
To edit a note, select the pen button on the note row (1).
To archive a note, select the trashcan button on the note row (2) and confirm. Archived notes can be found using the Archived filter (3).