Using the Provet Cloud label printing function, you can print various types of physical labels, such as instruction labels for dispensed medicines or food, or laboratory and sample labels. PDF label printing is the recommended printing method in Provet Cloud because it does not require any special integration software or devices.
This article gives an overview of the currently available and recommended methods and describes the available label types. For specific system setup and label configuration instructions, see the articles about the specific technical methods. For printing instructions, see Printing Labels.
PDF Label Printing
With PDF label printing, you can print labels as PDF files from Provet Cloud so that no special integration software or devices are needed, such as the Windows Printing Program or Blackbox integration. You only need a compatible label printing device that can connect to your computer. The printer can also be connected as a network printer.
All modern printers and specific label printers that can print PDF files are compatible with Provet Cloud PDF label printing. As for label size, most label printers work, but Dymo printers are better supported because Provet Cloud provides presets for them.
For setup instructions, see Setting Up PDF Label Printing.
Optionally, you can also set up one-click printing (direct printing) for PDF labels. One-click printing allows skipping the browser and operating system printing dialogues so that the label can be printed with fewer steps. One-click PDF printing is available for Windows using WebApp Hardware Bridge and for macOS using Provet Cloud ProPrint.
Legacy Label Printing Solutions
For information about the Provet Cloud non-recommended legacy label printing solutions, see:
- Windows Printing Program in Label Printing Troubleshooting
- Blackbox integration in Label Printing Troubleshooting
- Medicine, food and supply labels: Medicine, food and supply labels are used for printing instructions for dispensed items. These labels can be printed when adding or editing items on consultation pages, from consultation invoice pages, and from counter sale pages.
- Client and patient labels: Client and patient labels are useful for compactly printing client and patient information. These labels can be printed from client and patient pages, consultation pages, and during patient admission.
- Laboratory labels: Laboratory labels are useful for printing information related to a laboratory referral. These labels can be printed when adding or printing laboratory referrals on consultation pages and from laboratory referral pages.
- Laboratory sample labels: Laboratory sample labels are a special type of small labels that are used for labelling laboratory sample containers with barcodes. These labels can be printed from laboratory referral pages.
For more information, see Printing Labels.