Items are commonly added to stock through product orders and purchase invoices, but it is also possible to add items separately if necessary. If you want to add new quantity for an item to stock, you can do it as follows:
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Stock and find the item you want to add quantity for.
- On the item row, select the button with three dots and select + Add to stock from the pop-up menu.
- If your practice uses the 'Stock locations' feature, select a Stock location to add to. The default location is initially selected.
- Define the quantity in the Packages or Units field. You can use either field or both, in which case the quantities will be summed.
- If used, add Batch number and Expiration date. If you do not want to track the item by batches, you can leave these fields empty.
- The system retrieves the default Wholesale price from the item's information, but you can change it for this specific action. If you want to make changes to the item's default pricing scheme, select Update prices. The Wholesale price field is used to calculate the value that is added to the stock.
- Optionally, you can add extra information about the stock update in the Note field.
- Select Save to add the quantity to the stock.