Diagnoses can be defined during an ongoing consultation which then can be reviewed at a later date within a patient's medical history when evaluating current and past medical conditions.
How to Assign a Diagnosis
1. Search for the Diagnosis
On an ongoing consultation, find the 'Diagnosis' section below the clinical notes. Use the search field to search for an appropriate diagnosis.
Use the 'Previous diagnoses' button to review any previous diagnoses if necessary. Note that you can also find 'no diagnosis' options from the list.
2. Categorise the Diagnosis and Save
Diagnosis can be selected as primary vs secondary as well as final vs differential. Use the description window to enter any additional information related to this diagnosis specifically.
Select the green 'Save' button to finalise the process.
Editing an Assigned Diagnosis
To edit an assigned diagnosis, click the edit pen icon located at the end of the diagnosis row within an ongoing consultation.
Once the consultation is finalised, the diagnosis will finalise and appear within the patient record. Consultations with a defined diagnosis cannot be deleted until the diagnosis is removed.
How to Assign a Diagnosis during a Multiple Patient Consult
When using a multiple patient consultation, the diagnosis functionality will behave identically as to when adding any other treatment items within the consultation.
- Follow steps 1-2 as described above.
- Select the appropriate patient(s) to which the diagnosis is applicable within the information prompt.
- Complete remaining informational fields as appropriate.
- Click 'Save'.
Reviewing Previous Diagnoses
There are two ways to review previous diagnoses:
- Within an ongoing consultation using the ‘previous diagnoses’ button located within the diagnosis block.
- Diagnoses are always visible within a patient’s history. Select the ‘diagnoses’ specific filter to review any previous diagnoses.
How to Add a Diagnosis for Use
- Locate and access list settings by following: Settings> items & lists > lists.
- Locate your currently active diagnosis list and select the blue title hyperlink text
- Create a new diagnosis. Select the blue ‘add item’ button to open the diagnosis creation prompt. Complete the label field (this will be your diagnosis name). Code is not required, however can be completed if desired.
Your diagnosis is now available for use
NOTE: If you are unable to access your active diagnosis list and no 'add item' button is visible, please contact support for assistance.