What is Online Pre-registration?
The online pre-registration feature in Provet Cloud allows your clients to pre-register themselves and their patient using an online form before the clinic visit takes place. They will access the online form either through the appointment email or SMS confirmation.
This has several benefits:
- It's more accurate - clients can give their info in written form, reducing the chance of mistakes compared to just communicating the info in reception vocally.
- It's secure - clients won't have to communicate their personal info vocally while other clients may also be in the reception area.
- It's faster - when clients arrive at the reception, you won't have to spend time collecting the info needed for registration because it's already there. You can simply review client-provided entries before accepting these into your Provet Cloud database (client and patient profiles). Additionally, clients can also provide anamnesis so you or your vet can even check that before the consultation.
What is Online Self Check-in?
Self Check-in is an optional extension of the pre-registration feature. Customers can mark themselves as arrived, via the pre-registration form. They can also answer any preliminary questions you set up and mark their location in or near the clinic.
Are the Features Included in My Subscription?
Online Pre-registration is part of the Online Booking & Pre-registration add-on module. If you did not get this add-on when starting with Provet Cloud, please contact our sales team to discuss pricing. Sales team contacts can be found on our home page.
1. Enable the Feature
To set up online pre-registration, navigate to Settings > General > Department > Client integrations. Find the setting called 'Enable client pre-registration / Self check-in'. This setting enables the pre-registration feature and opens an array of new settings, allowing you to customise the workflow.
2. Select Reason Types
If you use reason types, select applicable reason types using the 'Enabled for reason types' setting. Pre-registration will be available for selected reason types. If you don't use reason types, you can ignore the setting and leave it on 'All'.
3. Customise the Messages for the Customers
If the feature is enabled, the customers will receive the pre-registration option via the appointment confirmation emails or via the confirmation SMS. A new section is added to the message as pictured below.
You can use the settings 'Pre-registration message header' and 'Pre-registration message content' to customise the message that is added for the customer (again, as seen on the image below). Note that if sending the confirmation via SMS, only the header text is used.
You can also add a custom message into the form itself, using the 'Pre-registration form description' setting.
4. Decide Two-factor Authentication Use
If you want your customers to verify themselves using their mobile phone, you can use the option 'Enable two-factor authentication for pre-registration'. This will add a step (pictured below) before the pre-registration form that will ask for the verification code that's sent by SMS.
This allows you to double-check if the customer's email and phone number are correct on their profile in Provet Cloud and adds an extra layer of security. If the email is incorrect and a wrong person gets the email, they won't be able to continue to pre-registration form (which may contain existing sensitive data) unless a very improbable mistake with the phone number is also made. If they don't get the verification code, the phone number is probably incorrect.
Self Check-in Setup
1. Enable the Feature
To set up online self check-in, navigate to Settings > General > Department > Client integrations. Find the setting called 'Enable self check-in'. This setting enables the self check-in extension of the pre-registration feature and opens some new settings, allowing you to customise the workflow.
2. Decide Timeframe and Success Message
The setting 'Time in minutes before marking as arrived' controls the time in minutes when, before the scheduled appointment time, the customer can mark themself as arrived. You may want to place a limit because the customer can also optionally select a location where they are waiting.
Use the setting 'Self check-in success message' to add an optional message about the completion of the self check-in process.
3. Design Waiting Locations
Once the initial settings have been configured, save the setting form and open it again. A new section with the option to add waiting locations appears below.
Select the blue 'Add' button to add a waiting location. Use the buttons on the location rows to edit or remove them.
The locations made available here are options for the customer when they check-in. This is useful if you have a bigger complex or want some customers to wait in the parking lot, for example.
4. Decide Preliminary Questions
If you want customers to answer preliminary questions while using self check-in, enable the option 'Ask preliminary questions during pre-registration'. Note that this also requires you to use reason types because the questions will be tied to reason types.
To add preliminary questions to reason type, navigate to Settings > Items & Lists > Reasons and edit or add reasons.
Pre-registration and Self Check-in Usage for Clinic Employees
1. Create an Appointment
To initiate pre-registration and self check-in, the clinic employee (Provet Cloud user) just has to create an appointment.
There are, however, several key points that must be followed:
- The most important part is that a confirmation email, SMS or both need to be sent. The link to the pre-registration and self check-in form is in these messages.
- If preliminary questions are to be answered, an appropriate reason type must be used.
- The client and the patient need to be created in Provet Cloud before the client can use pre-registration properly. The customer can't create patients from the pre-registration form.
- A veterinarian needs to be selected for the consultation.
2. Receive and Check Pre-registration Data
Once the customer has used the pre-registration form (and the optional self check-in), the clinic employee, like the receptionist, should review the data.
There are several places to do this:
- Appointment dialogue (appointment calendar)
- Admission dialogue (when marking an appointment as arrived)
- Patient page
- Client page
A message pictured below appears on these pages. Select the blue 'Please confirm the data here.' link to proceed to the review dialogue.
The review dialogue allows you to review client and patient data and accept any updates the customer has made.
- By default, only the fields that can be updated are shown.
- Use the blue arrow buttons to update suitable fields.
- You can also just update the fields manually if you don't quite agree with the info provided by the customer.
- Select 'Show all fields' to view all available fields.
- Select the green 'Update' button to save changes.
- Select the red 'Discard' button if you want to discard the customer input entirely.
Once the details are updated or discarded, you can proceed with the appointment as usual.
Pre-registration and Self Check-in Usage Instructions for the Customer
1. Opening the Pre-registration Link from the Confirmation Message
When the customer books an appointment at your clinic, they should receive a confirmation email or an SMS. The message will contain a pre-registration link (pictured below). The customer should open this link to proceed to the pre-registration form. If self check-in is enabled, they should preferably perform the whole process when arriving at the clinic.
2. Pre-registration Step
The form already contains info that is available from the client and patient profile in Provet Cloud. The customer should review this and make necessary changes, or fill the blanks.
3. (Optional) Self check-in Step
If self check-in is enabled, the customer can mark themselves as arrived, announce their waiting location and answer any preliminary questions.
4. Sending the Form
Finally, the customer should select the blue 'Send' button from the bottom of the form to complete the process. They will also receive a confirmation message about a successful process.