Triage functionalities are available which assist in managing and triaging emergency appointments. Users can classify the urgency of the appointment or visit so veterinary staff can clearly identify which patients required attention as a priority.
Triage functionalities are an add-on hospital service. Please contact your local Provet Cloud Sales Team for pricing.
Setting Up Triage Functions
1. Configure the Triage Function
Triage functionalities must first be prepared and set up before available for full use.
- Access ward settings by following: Settings > Department > Wards
- Create any wards which will be assigned for triage use by selecting the "Add" button and defining the ward name.
- Access triage settings by following: Settings > Department > Triage. If triage settings are not available, please contact Provet Cloud support. Select the edit pen to open settings for use.
- Select 'Enable triage'
- Select any ward(s) that will be used for triage management
- Select a default consultation note type if clinical note types are in use
- Select any patient statuses that will appear during triage for evaluation and monitoring
- Select the 'Save' button
2. Create Triage Categories
- Select the 'add' button under triage categories settings
- Define informational fields
- Order: This is the order triage categories will appear on the triage dashboard
- Code: A unique shortcut code can be defined
- Name: The name the category will appear as
- Background and text colour: The colour scheme can be customised for easy visualization
- Min and Max Time: Assists in management of triage cases in relation to priority. If wait time exceeds the defined max time, the wait time is highlighted in red on the triage dashboard
- Select 'Save' once complete
The Triage Dashboard
The triage dashboard is easily accessed from the main dashboard through the matching click tab at the top of the page.
The triage dashboard is a quick overview to manage triaged appointments, assigned triage categories, and update patient vital signs.
Using Triage Functions
- A patient must be admitted under a triage assigned ward to be accessible through the triage dashboard
- Once admitted under a triage ward, the patient visit now appears under the triage patients list at the top of the page
- Select the '+' button to add a triage category selection as well as add any vital signs, or preliminary clinical notes once the patient has been triaged and evaluated. Then select 'Save'.
- To begin the full consultation, select the 'dashboard' tab at the top of the page. Any triaged patients will have an ambulance icon present along with the triage category present within the 'status' column of their consultation row
- Select the stethoscope icon at the end of the row to begin the consultation portion of the visit.