Settings > Organization > 'Health plan' (the term is defined in Custom term, see below)
These settings control health plans for all departments (if you have more than one) in your organisation.
- Custom term: You can add your own general term for 'health plan'. This term will appear throughout the system and in all customer documents.
- Allow changing items: With this setting, you can choose whether items such as medicines, supplies or foods can be changed when using them from health plans during a consultation. For example, you can allow replacing items when they are low on stock. The options include: never, always, when low on stock, or when out of stock.
- Low stock limit: For the Low stock option of changing items, define the stock limit in the number of packages. If an item's stock level is below this limit, the item can be changed.
- Allow changing prices: You can select whether health plan item prices can be changed on the consultation page.
- Use current item prices: When this option is selected, the item prices set in the item settings are always used and the Allow changing prices setting is disabled.
- Signature statement: You can define a signature statement for the customer subscription contracts. If left empty, a default statement is used: 'I have verified the information above and confirm that the client information is correct and valid. By signing, I accept the terms and conditions.'
- Discounts for subsequent plans: If a client has more than one pet they want to put on a health plan, you can give a discount for having more than one subscription. Select this option and define the discount amount in the Discount field in your currency (including VAT). If the first active subscription goes to the ‘lapsed’ status, the other subscriptions lose the discount.
- Cancellation fee: With this setting, you can set a default cancellation fee (in your currency, including VAT) for your health plans. The fee will be added to a cancellation invoice if the customer decides to cancel the plan before the end of the agreement. The default cancellation fee can be changed when cancelling a client's subscription.
- Use active department for advance payment invoice: When this option is selected, the active department receives advance payments. If not selected, the main department of the health plan receives the payments.
- Use active department for Nordhealth payment invoice: When this option is selected, the active department receives payments made through Nordhealth Pay. If not selected, the main department of the health plan receives the payments.
- Retry failed recurring payments automatically: Applies when Nordhealth Pay is used for health plan monthly billing.
Settings > Department > Health plan
These settings control health plans for specific departments.
- Enable health plan: When this option is selected, the health plan tab is available in Clients & Patients.
- Compensate items automatically: When an item included in a patient's health plan is added directly to the consultation items (not through the health plan dialogue), the item is selected by default from the health plan when this setting is selected. If not selected, the option to use the item from the health plan is available, but is not selected by default.
- Send email notifications about failed recurring payments: Applies when Nordhealth Pay is used for health plan monthly billing.
- Email body text for failed recurring payments: You can add an email text for failed recurring payments.
These settings control how Nordhealth Pay handles failed recurring health plan payments.
Settings > Organization > Health plan:
- Select the Retry failed recurring payments automatically checkbox.
- In Maximum number of automatic retry attempts, add the maximum number of times you want Nordhealth Pay to retry the payment after the first failed payment attempt.
- In Automatic retry attempt interval, add the number of days between the payment attempts.
- In Maximum number of automatic retry attempts before suspending plan, add the number of times Nordhealth Pay will retry the payment before the health plan is suspended. If you do not add a value here, the health plan is suspended when the number of times added in Maximum number of automatic retry attempts has been reached.
Settings > Department > Health plan:
- Send email notifications about failed recurring payments: When this option is selected, email notifications are sent to the client every time a Nordhealth Pay recurring payment fails.
Setting Up Recurring Payments with the Gravity Payments Integration
To activate recurring payments with the Gravity Payments integration:
- Go to Settings > Location > 'Health plan' (a custom term for the feature may have been defined in the health plan settings)
- Select Allow gravity payment for recurring payment.
Setting Up Items and Discounts Used in Health Plans
Two procedure items are needed for health plan billing purposes:
- Item to compensate the costs of the items that the client uses and pays for through the health plan subscription
- Item used for the billing of the monthly health plan payment
In addition, a cancellation fee item can be used for billing the cancellation fee. This item is not necessary, but it can be used to identify the cancellation fee from other fees.
To set up the billing items:
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Items.
- Select Add item > Add procedure.
- Add a descriptive Name for the procedure, e.g. 'Health plan item compensation'/'Health plan monthly payment'/'Health plan cancellation fee'. No other information is needed.
- Select Save.
To be able to offer discounts as part of your health plans, you need to set up the discounts in advance so that they can be used when creating health plans.
1. Add a tag for health plan discounts.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Tags and select Add.
- Add a descriptive tag Text, e.g. 'Health Plan Discounts', select the colours for the tag text and background, and add the department the tag will be available for.
For Usable in, select where the tag can be used.
- If you want the tag to be only used for health plans, select the Patient option under Usable in and the Health Plans option under Used only for. Tags that are only used for health plans are added automatically for patients subscribed to a health plan that includes the tag, and these tags cannot be added or deleted manually.
- Select Save.
2. Create a discount scheme.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Discounts and select Add under Discount schemes.
- Add a descriptive Name for the discount scheme, e.g. 'Health Plan Discount', and other relevant settings, such as the discount percent and the items the discount is offered on.
- Under To whom, select the health plan tag you created in 1. Add a tag for health plan discounts.
- Select Save.
You can use item groups to add a group of related items, such as dewormers, to a health plan. The appropriate item can then be selected for a patient from the item group options. When item groups are edited, for example, a discontinued product is replaced with another, all health plans that include the item group are automatically updated.
You can find health plan item groups in Settings > Items & Lists > Health plan under Health plan item groups.
To add an item group:
- Select New. The Edit health plan item group page opens.
- Select the Selectable for Health Plan templates checkbox to make the item group available for use in health plans.
- Add a descriptive Item group name for the item group.
- Select the Item list from which you want to search for items.
- In Number of item uses, add the maximum number of items that a subscriber can use from the item group, e.g. three products from a selection of cat food products (or the same product three times). If you do not want to limit the use, select Unlimited uses.
- Under Item group estimated value, select how you want the total value to be estimated:
- Minimum: Calculates the estimated total value based on the lowest price of the items in the group and the Number of item uses value.
- Average: Calculates the estimated total value based on the average price of the items in the group and the Number of item uses value.
- Maximum: Calculates the estimated total value based on the highest price of the items in the group and the Number of item uses value.
- Own value: You can manually set an estimated total value. If you selected Unlimited uses, you can only select this option and add your own estimated value.
- Under Items, add the items you want to include in the item group. You can search for items using the search field or use the item buttons.
After adding an item to the list, select the pen button at the end of the item row to edit the item properties:
- Quantity: Add the quantity that a subscriber is allowed to use, e.g. three bags of a cat food.
- Price: Add the price for the single item, e.g. one bag of food.
- Extra use days: Sometimes a clinic may want to make certain items available to the patient even if the subscription has expired. For example, if the patient is on a monthly medicine but had to skip a month for some reason, the clinic would want to provide the missed treatment. In this case, select this option for the monthly items and set the number of days the item can be used after the subscription has ended.
- Select Save.
Editing and Deactivating Item Groups
In Settings > Items & Lists > Health plan under Health plan item groups, select the pen button on the item group row you want to edit.
To deactivate an item group so that it cannot be used in health plans, uncheck the Active checkbox. The item group is archived. To find archived item groups, use the Archived filter in Settings > Items & Lists > Health plan under Health plan item groups. You can edit archived item groups and activate them again.