Item bundles provide an easy way to create a grouped pricing and invoicing structure for a set of items routinely used in combination. Item bundles also improve workflow efficiency because the items do not need to be added individually.
Item bundles are commonly used for surgical procedures or other standard professional services such as IV catheter placement or pre-anaesthetic medication administration, but they can also be used in many other ways, for example, for routine allergy injections.
Creating a New Item Bundle
1. Add a new item bundle.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Bundles and select Add.
- In the Create new bundle dialogue, fill in the basic information for the item bundle. Name is required, and you can also add Notes to provide additional information about the bundle.
- Select the bundle settings. You can set and modify these settings also in the next step.
- Keep prices up to date: When selected, the prices of the items included in the bundle are updated automatically when the item prices are changed in the item settings.
- Do not allow bundle item price changes on consultation: When selected, the prices of items added from the bundle cannot be changed on a consultation.
- Only use as template in a bundle: When selected, the bundle can only be used within another bundle.
- Estimate bundle: When selected, the bundle is saved as an estimate bundle.
- Show bundle title on finalized estimate: When selected, only the bundle title is shown on a finalised treatment estimate printout. When not selected, the bundle items are shown.
- Show items included in bundle on finalized estimate: Available when Show bundle title on finalised estimate is selected. When this setting is also selected, the bundle items are shown under the bundle title. Visual example below the settings illustrates how the bundle title and items are show on the estimate printout with different selections.
- Show bundle title on finalized invoice: When selected, the bundle title is shown on a finalised invoice printout. When not selected, the bundle items are shown.
- Show items included in bundle on finalized invoice: Available when Show bundle title on finalised invoice is selected. When this setting is also selected, the bundle items are shown under the bundle title. Visual example below the settings illustrates how the bundle title and items are show on the invoice printout with different selections.
- Select Create. The bundle is saved and the bundle page opens.
2. Edit the bundle settings.
On the bundle page, you can select a Department that the bundle is available for if you have multiple departments in your Provet Cloud. If you want the bundle to be available for all departments, select the empty option. Select Save to save the department selection.
On the right-hand side of the bundle page, you can view a summary of the settings saved in the previous step. To edit the settings, select Edit. In addition to the settings available in the previous step, you can define the following:
- Draft: Select this checkbox if you do not want the bundle to be available for use right away.
- Set fixed price for the bundle: When selected, you can set a fixed price for the bundle in the Fixed price field.
Select Save to save the settings.
3. Add items to the bundle.
You can search for all available items using the search field or add different items separately using the + buttons. You can also use other item bundles in the bundle.
To edit an item added to the bundle, select the blue pen button (1) on the row. To save your changes, select the green checkmark button (2). To delete an item, select the red delete button (3).
Editing the Item Default Quantity
You can define a default quantity for an item in the Qty field. The default quantity can be changed when adding bundle items on a consultation (even when the item is included as mandatory in the bundle).
Adding Item Discounts
You can adjust the standard prices of items in the Discount (%) field. Enter a discount as a positive percentage value. Depending on the invoice printing settings, discount percent changes in item bundle prices may be shown on the invoice printout.
Selecting the Default Settings for Item Use
In the Default selected column, you can define default settings for item use:
- Mandatory (1): The item cannot be deselected when the item bundle is used on a consultation or a treatment estimate.
- Pre-ticked (2): The item is optional but is selected by default when the bundle is used on a consultation or a treatment estimate. The item can be deselected.
- Un-ticked (3): The item is optional and not selected by default.
When using the bundle on a consultation or a treatment estimate:
Changing the Bundle Item Order
To change the order of the items in the bundle, select the Modify bundle row order button on the bundle page. In the Modify row order dialogue, you can drag and drop the item rows into the order you want. Select Save to save the order.
The items will be shown in the defined order when the bundle is used on a consultation as well as on the invoice printout. Note that the changed row order is not updated on the item bundle page or shown on the consultation page when items are grouped based on item type.
Setting Fixed Pricing
You can define a fixed price for an item bundle instead of the calculated total sum of the items included. The fixed price is always invoiced regardless of whether the calculated total of the items is greater or smaller than the fixed price amount.
- Select the Set fixed price for the bundle checkbox.
- In the Fixed price field, add the fixed price used for the bundle.
- In the Fixed price item field, select an item used for handling the price difference between the fixed bundle price and sum of the item prices included in the bundle.
Fixed Price Item
The recommended way is to create a unique item to be used as the fixed price item in bundles. Using this option, the items included in the bundle are often 100% discounted so that the full bundle price goes to the fixed price item. This makes the pricing show nicely on the invoice.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Items.
- Select Add item.
- Add a descriptive Name for the item, e.g. 'Bundle fixed price'.
- On the Stock and pricing tab, select a VAT group for the item. This VAT rate will be used for calculating the negative VAT for the price difference amount (see image below).
- Select Save.
You can also use one of the actual bundle items as the fixed price item. However, it is not recommended that you add the item both in the bundle and as the fixed price item. This will make the item appear twice in the bundle printout. If you want to use a bundle item also as the fixed price item, do not add it to the bundle items but only select it as the fixed price item. However, note that the fixed item cannot be selected for use from the bundle in the same way as other bundle items but will always be included and its quantity cannot be changed. Also note that the price shown on the invoice for the item used as the fixed price item will vary depending on the bundle set up and use. For example, it may have a negative or a greater price than normal.
Using Item Bundles on a Consultation
You can find and view item bundles using the super search. You can also search for bundles using the treatment item search field on the consultation page if including bundles in the item search is enabled in the department settings. On the consultation page, you can also select the Bundles button to open a list of available item bundles and select the bundle you want to use.
Note that item bundles cannot be used on counter sale invoices.
In the Add treatment items to consultation dialogue, select the items you want to use and modify any item details if necessary. The batch number must be selected if it is set as required in the item settings.
Note that if you add an item from a bundle as a planned item, the bundle fixed price and discount settings are not applied when you add the planned item to the consultation.