The 'on stop' status is used when a client account has an owed debt and the clinic wants to prevent any further outstanding balances from accruing. Only users with required permissions can mark a client account as 'on stop' and add treatment items or create invoices for a client with the 'on stop' status. See the required setting and permissions.
When all owed debts have been paid, the 'on stop' status is automatically cleared from the client's account.
To mark a client account as 'on stop':
- In the Clients & Patients view, find the client you want to edit.
- Go to the client page and select the pen icon next to the Client details section title.
- In the right-hand side column at the bottom of the page, select the On stop check box.
- Select Save. If there are any open invoices, consultations, or appointments for the client, an alert appears.
Settings and Permissions
To be able to properly use the 'on stop' status, you need to create a client tag that will be added to 'on stop' clients.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Tags and select Add.
- Add a tag text, select the colours for the tag text and background, and add the department the tag will be available for.
- For Usable in, select Client.
- Select Save.
- Go to Settings > General > Department > Department settings and add the 'on stop' tag to the Client "On Stop" tags field.
Marking a client account as 'on stop' and being able to create new consultations or counter sales for 'on stop' clients requires a specific user permission.
- Go to Settings > Users > Permission Groups.
- Select the shield icon of the permission group you want to edit.
- Under General, find the Can set the "on stop" status and create new transactions for clients permission and select Write.
- Select Save.