One-click printing (direct printing) allows skipping the operating system's print dialogue, making printing convenient and fast. One-click printing is available for invoices and patient history as well as for label printing if configured.
To enable one-click printing, you need to install the WebApp Hardware Bridge application on every computer you want to have one-click printing available on. If you want to use one-click printing also for printing PDF labels, you need to set it up in the PDF label printing settings. You can enable one-click printing centrally for all users in a department (location) or allow individual users to enable it for their own account.
This article covers setup instructions for Windows computers. For macOS computers, see Setting Up One-Click Printing for macOS.
1. Install and configure the WebApp Hardware Bridge application.
- Download the latest version of WebApp Hardware Bridge from here and follow the installer's instructions.
- Open the installed program. Note that it will initially start by running in the background. Right-click the tray icon and select Configurator to open it.
- Make sure that no serial connections are listed in the bottom left-hand side section. If necessary, remove them by right-clicking on the type entry and selecting Delete.
- In the bottom right-hand side section, find the 'INVOICE' Print Type and double-click on the printer cell to open the printer list. Select the printer you wish to connect for one-click printing.
- If you want to enable one-click printing for PDF labels, add more Print Type entries for label printers as needed. For further instructions, see 3. Optional: Set up one-click printing for label printing.
- Select Save & Close at the bottom.
- Start the program again from the tray icon or from the start menu.
2. Enable and test the one-click printing feature in Provet Cloud.
You can control centrally whether direct printing is enabled for all users in the department or whether users can enable or disable it for their own account.
Go to Settings > General > Integrations > Direct printing and select the blue pen button to open the Direct printing with WebApp Hardware Bridge section. From the Department policy on using WebApp Hardware Bridge drop-down list, select the option you want to use:
- Determined by user profile: Each user can enable the feature for their own account.
- Enabled for all users in department
- Disabled for all users in department
When you select the first option, your users can enable direct printing for their account as follows:
- Open your user profile in Provet Cloud and find the Direct printing section.
- To open the section for editing, select the blue pen button next to the section title.
- Tick the Enable one-click PDF printing checkbox.
- Select Save.
Printing service status should now show as 'Connected' with a ticked checkbox. You may have to use the Refresh button if the service does not connect right away.
To print a test file, select the Test print button.
3. Optional: Set up one-click printing for PDF label printing.
If you want to use one-click printing for labels, you must also set it up in the PDF label printing settings. Note that this functionality may require a considerable amount of time to set up for perfect results.
One-click printing has been successfully tested on the Windows 10 operating system using a Dymo LabelWriter 550 device with S0722400 Large Address labels. See the example setup below.
Setup Example: Dymo LabelWriter 550
Following these instructions, you can configure a Dymo LabelWriter 550 device to the correct defaults for printing S0722400 Large Address labels. It is assumed that the device and its drivers have already been installed according to the manufacturer’s standard setup instructions. Among other things, this ensures that the required paper (label) sizes are registered to the operating system.
1. Set up PDF label printing in Provet Cloud.
For instructions, see Setting Up PDF Label Printing.
2. Match the print types.
Make sure that the Print Type of the printer in the WebApp Hardware Bridge configuration settings matches the One-click printer type in the PDF label printer settings (step 3). In the example below, both are named NEWLABEL.
3. Adjust the label printer settings.
- In Windows 10, go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Find the label printer and select Manage > Printing preferences to open the settings.
- Set the document orientation to Landscape.
- Go to Advanced.
- Set the Paper/Output to 99012 Large Address.
- Select OK to save.
4. Print test labels.
Print some test labels to check that everything is set up correctly and adjust the settings if necessary. For how and where you can print labels, see Printing Labels.
When one-click printing is in use, you can see a ticked checkbox icon in the print button. An unticked box means that there is something wrong with the service, and the web browser's printing functionality will be used instead (you will likely see a preview of the document which you have to acknowledge with one extra click to print).
Note that WebApp Hardware Bridge saves a local copy of every printed PDF file in a folder called 'documents' within its installation folder.
If there are any issues or problems with one-click printing, see Label Printing Troubleshooting.