One-click printing (direct printing) allows skipping the operating system's print dialogue when printing regular prints like invoices and patient history. This makes printing convenient and fast. Note that this does not affect label printing unless configured to do so.
To enable one-click printing, each workstation (computer) on which you want the workflow available needs a special WebApp Hardware Bridge installation. The workflow can be enabled separately for each user or centrally for every user in a department (location).
Note that this article covers installation instructions for Windows computers. While it is possible to get the workflow running on macOS devices, it is considerably less user-friendly.
1. Install WebApp Hardware Bridge.
Use THIS LINK to download the latest version. Follow the installer's instructions.
2. Configure WebApp Hardware Bridge.
- Open the newly installed program. Note that it will initially start by running in the background. Right-click the tray icon and select Configurator to open it.
- Make sure that no serial connections are listed in the bottom left-hand side section. If necessary, remove them by right-clicking on the type entry and selecting Delete.
- From the bottom right-hand side, find the 'INVOICE' row and click on the printer cell twice to open the list. Select the printer you wish to connect for one-click printing.
- Select Save & Close at the bottom.
- Start the program again as you did at the beginning.
3. Enable the feature for all users or let them decide.
It is possible to control centrally whether direct printing is enabled for users. This is done using a department (location) setting. See Settings > Integrations > Direct printing > Department policy on using WebApp Hardware Bridge.
Three options are available:
- Determined by user profile - each user can have their own preference.
- Enabled for all users in department
- Disabled for all users in department
When the first option is selected, the users can follow the instructions below to enable direct printing for their account:
- Open your user profile from Provet Cloud and find the Direct printing section.
- To open it for editing, select the blue pen button next to the section title.
- Check the Enable one-click PDF printing option to enable the feature.
- Select Save.
- If the previous steps were completed successfully, Printing service status should now show as 'Connected' with a ticked checkbox. You may have to use the Refresh button to refresh the service if it does not connect at first.
- To test the setup, select the green Test print button. This attempts to print a test file.
Setup is Complete
One-click printing is currently enabled for invoices and patient history prints. When one-click printing is set up, you can see a ticked checkbox icon next to the print button.
No Connection After Enabling One-click Printing
- Refresh the page to confirm if the connection is still down (no tick in the checkbox). The connection may momentarily fail after the first printing operation.
- Restart the WebApp Hardware Bridge program.
- Check if the 'Printing service address' configured in the Provet Cloud user profile matches with the one set in the WebApp Hardware Bridge program.
- If none of these steps help, please contact Provet Cloud support.
Problems with Page Layout, Scaling or Color
WebApp Hardware Bridge uses the default settings configured for the printer in the operating system. Please check the printer configuration from your operating system settings.