One-click printing allows skipping the operating system's print dialogue when printing regular prints like invoices and patient history. Note that this does not affect label printing.
To achieve one-click printing, each workstation (computer) where you want to use the workflow needs a special WebApp Hardware Bridge installation. Also, the workflow is enabled for each user separately.
Note that this article covers installation instructions for Windows computers. While it's possible to get the workflow running on macOS devices, it's considerably less user-friendly.
1. Install WebApp Hardware Bridge
Download the latest version from HERE. Note that you only need the .exe file. Install the tool by following the installer instructions.
2. Configure WebApp Hardware Bridge
- Open the newly installed program. Note that it will initially start by running in the background. Right-click the tray icon and select 'Configurator' to open it.
- Make sure that there are no serial connections listed in the bottom left section. If needed, remove these by right-clicking the type entry and selecting 'Delete'.
- From the bottom-right, find the 'INVOICE' row and click on the printer cell twice to open the menu. Select the printer you wish to connect for one-click printing.
- Select 'Save & Close' from the bottom.
- Start the program again as you did initially.
3. Enable One-click Printing for Your User
- Open your user profile from Provet Cloud and find the 'Direct printing' section.
- Open it for editing by selecting the blue pen button next to the section title.
- Check the 'Enable one-click PDF printing' option to enable the feature.
- If the previous steps were completed successfully, the 'Printing service status' should now show as 'Connected' with a ticked checkbox. You may have to use the blue 'Refresh' button to refresh the service if it doesn't initially connect.
- You can test the setup by selecting the green 'Test print' button. This attempts to print a test file.
Setup is Complete
One-click printing is currently enabled for invoices and patient history prints. If one-click printing is set up, you can see a ticked checkbox icon next to the print button.
No Connection After Enabling One-click Printing
- Refresh the page to confirm if the connection is still down (no tick in the checkbox). The connection may momentarily fail after the first printing operation.
- Restart the WebApp Hardware Bridge program.
- Check if the 'Printing service address' configured in the Provet Cloud user profile matches with the one set in the WebApp Hardware Bridge program.
- If none of these steps help, please contact Provet Cloud support.
Problems with Page Layout, Scaling or Color
WebApp Hardware Bridge uses the default settings configured for the printer in the operating system. Please check the printer configuration from your operating system settings.