If your customers pay using manual bank transfers, you have to find time to enter those payments into Provet Cloud manually. To aid with this process, there's a workflow with which you can search and select multiple invoices and add payments to all of these at once.
Steps to Register Payments
1. Go to the Payment Registration Tool
Go to Reports > Financial > Register payments to access the tool.
2. Search for Invoices and Select Them
Use the search field to search for invoices by the client or their ID, or the invoice or reference number. Click on the search results to add them to the registration page.
Note that you can remove any rows you added by mistake by using the red X-button (shown below).
3. Add Payments
For each of the invoice rows:
- Check the payment date, by default it's the current date. Note that you can change all of the row dates by copying the date from the first row using the blue downward arrow button.
- Choose the payment type. Again, you can use the blue downward arrow button to expand the choice you made for the first row.
- Mark the amount that was paid. Note that you can use the white arrow button to copy the due amount to the paid amount field.
- Use the green 'Accept' button to add the payment. You can also 'Accept all' if you fill all rows.
Alternative Way to Select Invoices
If you have many invoices that you want to mark as paid at once, it may be handier to use the general invoice database, accessible from Clients & Patients > Invoices.
Search for the invoices and click on the rows to select them. Once you make the selection, you can use the action toolbar that appears at the bottom of the window. Choose Actions > Register payments to initiate the same payment registration workflow as described above.
Note that there's a timer feature that saves your work for you in case you need to leave the page. The timer is reset each time you add an invoice to the page, or accept or remove a row. You can also reset the timer manually by using the plus button next to the timer.
If the amount paid is smaller than the amount due, the system can add a partial payment to the invoice. It will show the difference and the action that will be made when accepting the row.
If the customer paid more than was due, you have the option to create two payments at once - one that pays the amount due on the invoice, and another one that goes into the client's prepayments. Enter the paid sum as it was paid, and the system will automatically calculate the difference. If prepayments are enabled, the system will then add the needed payment to the invoice and the rest of the paid money will go into a prepayment.