The Provet Cloud Referral Portal is an add-on that allows your clinic or hospital to receive referrals from other practitioners conveniently, while also improving communication with the referrer.
The main benefits of the Referral Portal:
- Other practitioners can use a web portal to send patient referrals to your clinic or hospital.
- You can directly control who can send referrals to the portal.
- You can send referral feedback and diagnostic materials to the referring practitioners through the portal.
This article is intended for veterinary practice administrators for the initial setup of the referral portal as the receiving clinic or hospital.
Initial Setup and Access
The Referral Portal is an add-on and requires initial setup from the Provet Cloud team. Once this is done, a selected (admin) user from your practice will get an email invitation to the portal.
The address for the referral portal is in the form of yourpractice.referral-portal.nordhealth.app, where the 'yourpractice' denotes the custom name given to your referral portal.
1. Create Forms.
During the referral process, the referring practitioner (sender of the referral) needs to select a referral form that's designed by your clinic or hospital (receiver of the referral).
At least one such form needs to be built.
To build a form:
- Select Form builder from the top menu of the portal and select NEW FORM from the top-right.
- Start by giving a name to the form using the Form name field.
- Add various form elements by using the ADD buttons.
- Select CREATE from the top-right to finalise the form and make it available.
Notes and tips:
- Note that you can move the sections around using the arrow-controls on the top-right corners of the sections.
- You can toggle whether an input field uses the full width of the page or only half, using the Make selection wide checkbox.
- You can define the size of a text area using the Rows (height) and Cols (width) fields on the right.
- After a form has been created, you can still edit it by selecting SHOW while viewing existing forms, and then selecting EDIT from the top-right.
2. Create Clinics.
Next, create the referring clinics so that they can be given access to the portal to create referrals.
To add a referring practice:
- Select Clinics from the top menu of the portal and select NEW CLINIC from the top-right.
- Fill in the clinic information fields. Additionally, you can select whether the users (referrers) of that clinic can see only their own referrals or all referrals from that clinic.
- Fill in the admin information fields. This is the first user (referrer) from the given clinic. They or you can add more users later.
- Finally, select CREATE from the top right to create the clinic account.
When the clinic is created, the designated admin user will get an email invitation to use the portal. They are now able to send referrals to your clinic or hospital.
3. Create Users (Optional).
The referring practice now has full access through the admin user created in the previous step and can add users to the portal for their clinic. As the receiving clinic, you can also do this, as well as add additional "tenant admins" to co-manage the portal with you.
To add additional users:
- Select Users from the top menu of the portal and select NEW USER.
- Fill in the user information fields and select their role. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Select SAVE from the top-right to create the user. The user will get an email invitation with the password generation link (they can set their own password). Note that the email might go into the spam folder initially.
User Level Comparison
|User||Clinic Admin||Tenant Admin|
|Can view referrals*||yes||yes||yes|
|Can send referrals||yes||yes||yes|
|Can manage Users and Clinic Admins||-||yes||yes|
|Can manage Tenant Admins||-||-||yes|
|Can manage clinics||-||-||yes|
|Can build forms||-||-||yes|
*Note that Users see their own referrals by default, but they can also see referrals from other users and admins if the respective clinic-level setting is enabled.
Alternative Anonymous Referral Access
Alternatively, the receiving clinic can accept anonymous referrals, removing the need to manage clinics and users from the portal. This can be done by adding the word 'anonymous' to the end of the portal address with a slash character, for example, yourpractice.referral-portal.nordhealth.app/anonymous. To give access, this link can simply be shared with the referring practices.