This article is intended for veterinary practitioners who want to send referral cases from their clinic or hospital to another, receiving clinic or hospital, that uses the Provet Cloud Referral Portal.
Accessing the Portal
Initially, the receiving clinic or hospital should send you an email invite for portal access. The email contains a link for creating your account and choosing your password. You should then be able to log in using the provided link.
Alternatively, the receiving clinic or hospital may give you "anonymous" access that does not require a login.
Portal Dashboard Overview
After logging in, you will be directed to the My referrals dashboard.
- To access your user profile and logout option, select your name in the top right corner of the page.
- To create new referrals, use the blue NEW REFERRAL button. See instructions below.
- The table may be empty initially, displaying 'No results'. You may also see some existing referrals if your practice or the receiving practice administrator has enabled the option to see other referrals that have originated from your clinic or hospital.
- Use various available filters to see different referrals.
|Draft||Referrals in draft status.|
|Sent||Referrals that have been sent out from the portal.|
|Received||Referrals that have been received by the Provet Cloud system.|
|In progress||This covers several statuses: an appointment has been booked for the referral by the receiving organisation, and the related consultation may already be ongoing or ended in the organisation's Provet Cloud system.|
|Feedback received||The receiving organisation has sent feedback.|
|Deleted at receiving hospital||The receiving organisation has chosen to delete the referral from their Provet Cloud system.|
|Failed||The referral sending process has failed.|
|Updated||Referrals that have received new feedback from the receiving organisation.|
Creating and Sending Referrals
To create a new referral, use the NEW REFERRAL option from the dashboard, as mentioned above.
A new page opens, prompting you to fill out the referral form. Note that mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Select the receiving organization. If you have access to a single organisation, it will be selected by default. If you have access to more clinics, the organisation will not be selected by default.
- Select the department/clinic.
- Fill in client details. Make sure you select the correct calling code for the phone number. The ID number of the client is meant as their personal identification number from their identity documents like a passport or an ID card.
- Fill in patient details. Note that the species, breed and insurance company options will come from the list that is used by the receiving organisation (clinic or hospital).
- Select an appropriate referral form from the 'Referral' drop-down list and fill it. These forms are created by the receiving organisation (clinic or hospital).
- Optionally, add attachments like photos or documents. Supported formats are shown when hovering on the field. The file size limit is 20 MB.
- Finally, you must mark that you have consent from the patient owner to share the given information.
- Select SAVE & SEND to finalise the referral and send it to the receiving practice. Note that you can also save it as a draft, cancel the process or remove the draft if you wish.
Monitoring a Referral
Once you have sent a referral, you can monitor its status and feedback starting from the My referrals dashboard mentioned above.
To see a referral in detail, select VIEW on the referral's row.
The status of the referral will be displayed in the top right corner. To make sure it is up-to-date, you may also use the FETCH UPDATES button to refresh the system.
Once the clinic has provided feedback, you can find it from the bottom Received feedbacks section of the referral page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.