If your practice uses the 'Stock locations' feature, you may occasionally need to move items between stock locations. This article shows how to do that. Note that currently, it is possible to only move items between stock locations of the same department (location).
Moving an Item
1. Find the stock item and open the Move dialogue.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Stock.
- In the Stock section, use the filters and search to find the desired item.
- On the item row, select the button with three dots.
- Select Move.
2. Fill in the item information and save.
- Select the location you want to take the quantity from.
- Select the location you want to move the quantity to.
- If batch numbers are in use, add the batch number in the Batch field.
- Define the quantity in the Quantity of packages or Quantity of remainder/units field. You can use either field or both, in which case the quantities will be summed. In the example image below, 1 full package was designated for moving, which totals 10 units (in this case, ml).
- Optionally, add extra information about the stock update in the Note field.
- Select Save to move the item.