Veterinary practices commonly run yearly or quarterly inventory checks for their stock items. When your practice has started using Provet Cloud and you have created the stock items, the stock levels do not initially exist and have to be added first.
When your inventory items have initial stock levels, you can do an inventory check:
- Go to Inventory > Stock and find the item you want to check.
- On the item row, select the button with three dots and then select Inventory check from the pop-up menu.
- If used in your Provet Cloud, select the Stock location.
- You can select the Date of entry if it is not the current time.
- Add the checked quantities in the Counted packages and/or Counted units fields. You can use one of the fields or both, in which case the quantities are summed up. If the checked quantity matches the Expected amount in Provet Cloud, you can use the arrow button (a) to add the quantity to the quantity fields.
- If batch numbers and expiration dates are used in your Provet Cloud, the batches in the selected stock location are shown row by row. If you find a batch that is not shown in the list, you can use the plus button (b) to add another row and then select from a list of older batches (expired batches or batches that have been used up). If you cannot find the batch from the list, you can use the add to stock function to add to the batch.
- You can add optional additional information in the Note field.
- Select Save. You can also select Save and continue to stay on the same item and choose another location. This is useful if you are checking a particular item through all locations.