Tasks are an internal communication tool for creating personal tasks with reminders, assigning tasks to other users and notifying users when tasks or events are completed.
Tasks can be single or repeated. For example, a single task can be used for scheduling a follow-up appointment with a patient, or the office staff can have a repeated task for completing the end-of-day reporting.
Tasks can also be generated automatically for certain events, for example, when a referred patient arrives or when finalising invoicing (for more information, see Creating and Managing Tasks).
Creating a New Task
- In the top menu bar, select the checkmark icon and then + Create task.
- In the Create task dialogue, add the task details. Title and Assigned user or Ward are required. In addition, you can select a task type and status, set a deadline and reminder, and select a specific client and patient the task is related to. Users can select in their own profile settings whether they want to receive notifications about tasks by email/SMS.
- For a repeating task:
- Add the Start date and select End type. For By end date, add the end date. For By recurred times, add the number of times you want the task to be repeated.
- Select Recurring type: daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- If you need to inactivate a repeating task temporarily, uncheck the Active checkbox.
- Select Save.
To view your tasks, select the checkmark icon in the top menu bar. You can open tasks assigned to you directly from the drop-down menu or select See all tasks to view and search your clinic's whole task list.
On the tasks page, you can use the Filter field to search for tasks using a text search (1). You can also use the filters to view tasks by department, deadline, assigned user and ward (2), as well as by task type and status (3). To view only tasks that are past the deadline, select the Show only expired tasks checkbox (4).
From Column visibility (5), you can select the columns you want to include in the list.
To save your search, selected filters and column visibility settings so that the same options are applied the next time you view the task list, select the wrench tool button > Save filters (6).
To edit or delete a task, select the pen or trash can button on the task row (7).
Marking a Task as Done
When you have completed a task assigned to you, select the checkmark button at the end of the task row to mark it as done.
You can also open the task (either from the checkmark icon in the top menu bar or by clicking the task in the list) and select Mark done in the View task dialogue box.