1. Add a new health plan subscription to a patient.
- Go to the Records > Health plan tab (name of the tab may be different) and select New subscription in the top right corner of the page. On the subscription page, select the Client and Patient. You can also start from the client and patient page by selecting New > Health plan. In this case, the client and patient are pre-filled for the new subscription.
- From the Health plan drop-down list, select the health plan you want to add the patient to.
- If you select Filtered, the list includes those health plans that have weight or age limits that match the selected patient. All shows all available health plans.
- If the client has other active health plans and is entitled to a discount for new plans, the discount information is shown on the health plan subscription page.
3. Select the subscription renewal option.
Note that clients do not get automatic reminders when their health plan subscription is ending. If you want a client to get a reminder, you must create the reminder manually.
Choose one of the options and then select Next step to continue.
- Not specified: Provet Cloud does not create invoices related to the health plan. Your clinic uses a third party billing system or you generate the invoices manually.
- Monthly billing through Provet Cloud: Provet Cloud automatically generates and sends an invoice by email to the client every 30 days starting from the date of signing the contract.
- Contract period as advance payment: The clients pays the whole contract amount in advance and will not get monthly invoices.
- Monthly recurring payments through Nordhealth Pay: Same as 'Monthly billing through Provet Cloud', but the payments are charged through the Nordhealth Pay integration using the client's saved payment card information. If the client has more than one card saved on file, select the payment card they want to use for the recurring health plan payments. If the client does not have a saved payment card on file, you can add it from the page by selecting +Add card. A confirmed payment method must be available at the start of the contract, and since the online payment method may lag behind, it does not qualify.
- Monthly recurring payments through Gravity Payments: Same as 'Monthly billing through Provet Cloud', but the payments are charged through the Gravity Payments integration using the client's saved payment card information. If the client has more than one card saved on file, select the payment card they want to use for the recurring health plan payments. If the client does not have a saved payment card on file, you can save a card from the Gravity Payments integration page when paying the first health plan invoice after activating the subscription. The Gravity Payments integration is only available in the US market.
Note that if you select 'Not specified' or 'Monthly billing through Provet Cloud', you cannot change the payment method to recurring payments through Nordhealth Pay or Gravity Payments in the middle of the subscription period.
5. Have the contract signed to activate the health plan subscription.
You can print or email the health plan contract details to the client.
When the client has approved the contract, select Mark contract as signed. The subscription status becomes 'Active'. If the health plan includes an initial payment, a counter sale invoice is generated on a new tab.
If the e-signature feature is used in your system:
- At the bottom of the page, select E-signature and confirm the subscription. The subscription is saved and its status becomes 'Applied for'. If the health plan includes an initial payment, a counter sale invoice is generated on a separate tab. The subscription page remains open another tab.
- On the subscription page, select E-signature under the page title.
- In the Request an electronic signature dialogue, select the sending options (email and/or SMS).
- In the Signature request validity time (minutes) field, you can edit the default time for how long the signature request is valid.
- You can add an additional message to the email message that contains the signature link.
- Select Save. When the client signs the contract, the subscription status is automatically updated to 'Active'. You can print the signed document on the subscription page.