Using the Provet Cloud report scheduling feature you can automate report generation so that selected reports with selected configuration arrive in your email.
This feature is available for all reports and for all users who have access to reports.
NOTE: The number of active report schedules is limited. Each Provet Cloud account can have twice as many report schedules as they have separate departments (locations), and at least a minimum of five (5).
Scheduling a Report
1. Configure a report.
Go to Reports from the main menu and find the report you want to schedule.
On the Generate tab, select the report filters as if you wanted to generate the report right now.
2. Create a report schedule.
Go to the Scheduled tab on the report page. The tab is initially empty but may contain previously created report schedules. Alternatively, you can also start scheduling using the respective option from the Export / Print menu on the report pages.
- Select Add. A dialogue opens.
- In the Subject and Email text fields, add the message that the report recipients will receive. Note that you can also use communication templates.
- Choose the Report format: PDF, Excel or CSV. Some reports may have additional options.
- Add the recipients. You can select from existing users in the Recipients field or add email addresses separated by commas (,) in the Additional email addresses.
- Choose the Data collection period. This is similar to the report's main filter, select the same range as on the report's main tab.
- Choose the Schedule for how often the report is generated and sent. Note that you can also run the report once on a selected date and time. In the Run at field, select the time of day, weekday, or the day in a month depending on your schedule option.
- Select Save. The emails with generated reports are sent at the defined time(s).
NOTE: When you choose the monthly option, you get a list of running dates, e.g. 29, 30, 31, as well as the option 'Last day'. If you want the report to be run on the last day, it is recommended that you select 'Last day', not 31 or 30. If you select 30, for example, the report will not be run in February.
Managing Report Schedules
You can view the report schedules on the Scheduled tab on report pages.
To delete a report schedule, select the trash bin button at the end of the row.
To edit a report schedule, select the pen button. After creating a report schedule, you can only edit the email text and recipients (due to a current technical limitation).