This article gives an overview of file upload options and limitations in Provet Cloud for general files such as images, videos and documents.
This article does not include information about forms (Word, PDF or “shared”); these are described separately.
This article does not include information about received files, such as files received through the Provet Cloud Shared Inbox.
Places Where Files Can Be Uploaded
- User profile images: Your personal user menu > User Profile > Profile Image
- Patient profile images: Client/patient page > profile image
- Attachments to patient- and client-specific notes in several places:
- Directly: Client/patient page > Communication tab.
- Consultation notes: Consultation page, under General info.
- Patient referral attachments: In places where patient referrals can be started or edited.
- Laboratory referral attachments: On laboratory referral pages, usually attached by someone working through the laboratory dashboard.
File Size Limits
- A single file can be up to 75 MB in size.
- The total size of multiple files attached to an individual note can be up to 256 MB.
- Directly added client/patient notes can also be emailed with attachments. In that case, files up to 10 MB in size will go through as email attachments. Bigger files are added to the email as a link to the Provet Cloud server.
User and patient profile images in Provet Cloud accept image files only. The following image file formats are also accepted as note attachments.
Known accepted image file formats include BLP, BMP, DIB, BUFR, CUR, PCX, DCX, DDS, PS, EPS, FIT, FITS, FLI, FLC, FTC, FTU, GBR, GIF, GRIB, H5, HDF, PNG, APNG, JP2, J2K, JPC, JPF, JPX, J2C, ICNS, ICO, IM, IIM, TIF, TIFF, JFIF, JPE, JPG, JPEG, MPG, MPEG, MPO, MSP, PALM, PCD, PDF, PXR, PBM, PGM, PPM, PNM, PSD, BW, RGB, RGBA, SGI, RAS, TGA, ICB, VDA, VST, WEBP, WMF, EMF, XBM, XPM.
For note attachments, all common video formats are supported. See the unaccepted file formats below for any exceptions.
Note attachments also allow other file types, and there are tens of thousands of historical and current file types in use. The file types listed below are not accepted.
Known unaccepted file formats include ADE, ADP, APP, ASP, BAS, BAT, CER, CHM, CMD, COM, CPL, CRT, CSH, DER, EXE, FXP, GADGET, HLP, HTA, INF, INS, ISP, ITS, JS, JSE, KSH, LIB, LNK, MAD, MAF, MAG, MAM, MAQ, MAR, MAS, MAT, MAU, MAV, MAW, MDA, MDB, MDE, MDT, MDW, MDZ, MSC, MSH, MSH1, MSH2, MSHXML, MSH1XML, MSH2XML, MSI, MSP, MST, OPS, PCD, PIF, PLG, PRF, PRG, REG, SCF, SCR, SCT, SHB, SHS, SYS, PS1, PS1XML, PS2, PS2XML, PSC1, PSC2, TMP, URL, VB, VBE, VBS, VPS, VSMACROS, VSS, VST, VSW, VXD, WS, WSC, WSF, WSH, XNK.