The Credit and invoice again credit note option can be useful, for example, when the invoice rows are correct and the customer paid the invoice using their personal information, but then wants to have the invoice addressed to their business instead. This option credits the original invoice and creates a new invoice draft which you can edit to correct the information.
For more information about the different credit note options available in Provet Cloud, see Overview of Credit Notes.
Creating a Credit Note and Invoicing Again
- On the invoice page, open the Credit note dialogue and select Credit and invoice again. The refund dialogue opens.
- Depending on your department's credit note date settings, you may be able to select the date used for the credit note. If you want to use the original invoice date as the credit note date, select the Use original invoice date checkbox. If you do not select the checkbox, the current date is used for the credit note.
- When the invoice has been paid, select the payments you want to credit under Payments to refund. Typically, you would credit all payments and invoice again entirely. If prepayments are used by your clinic and you have the required rights, you can also move the payments to prepayments. If the invoice has not been paid yet, you can go to step 4 and move on to correct the required information on the new invoice draft.
- Select Continue. A new invoice page is automatically created based on the original invoice and the credit note.
- Make the required corrections and finalise invoicing and payments according to your workflow.
Viewing Invoices and Credit Notes on the Client Page
You can view a client's invoices and credit notes on the Billing tab of the client page. A credit note always has a blue link button on the left side of the Invoice button, and an invoice that has a credit note connected to it has a link button is on the right side.
You will find the original invoice and related credit notes as shown below. A custom prefix (e.g. 'CN' in the image) can be defined for credit notes in the credit note settings.
- The invoice row of the original invoice (1) includes links to the connected consultation and the invoice page. The blue link button on the right side of the invoice button opens the credit note created for the invoice.
- On the first credit note row (2), the invoice button opens the credit note page. The blue link button on the left opens the original invoice, and the blue link button on the right opens the second credit note (the final invoice) created for this credit note.
- The second credit note row (3) shows the final, corrected invoice. The blue link button on the left opens the first credit note that this credit note was created for.
Please sign in to leave a comment.