A list is a collection of objects used to control or provide a basis for various functions in the program. For example, available species and breeds are controlled through lists.
A list generally controls functionality throughout the Provet Cloud account where it is active, meaning that its effects are organisation-wide unless stated otherwise.
Note that item lists differ from other general lists described here and are described separately.
Lists are managed in Settings > Items & Lists > Lists.
On the lists page, you can see the lists currently in your system. You can use the Search, Sort by and Filter options to find specific lists.
Adding a New Functional List
Provet Cloud includes some default lists, and some custom lists may have been set up during your implementation phase. You can also add new lists.
1. Add a new list.
- Select + Add list from the lists page.
- Choose the list Type. Note that further options may be shown depending on the type.
- Give the list a Name.
- Select Save.
The list is now available on the lists page but is not yet ready for functional use. You need to add items to the list and activate it.
2. Add items to the list.
By default, a newly created list is empty. Note that at this point, you can still edit the list type and name using the pen button on the list row. You can also delete the list if it is empty.
To add items to a list:
- Find the list in the lists table.
- Select the list name link. The list opens on a new page.
- Select + Add item. A new dialogue opens.
- Optionally, you can give a Code to the list item. Some types of lists may require coded items.
- Add a name for the item in the Label field.
- Select or fill in any other options you may see depending on the list type.
- Select Save.
After adding the required list items, you can activate the list.
3. Activate the list.
Activating the list makes it functionally available.
- Find the list in the lists table.
- Select Activate on the list row.
- A confirmation dialogue appears. Select Activate to confirm.
The list is now active and ready for use with the feature(s) it supports.
Managing List Items
In addition to adding new items, you can manage the existing list items. Select the list name link in the lists table to manage the list items.
- To archive an item, select Archive on the list item row. Archiving a list item keeps its old references intact, meaning that it will not break any past functionality such as a patient's breed in their records.
- To edit or delete list items, select the pen or trashbin buttons on the list item row. Note that once a list item has been used with the related function, it can no longer be edited or deleted, only archived if needed.
Notes on Managing Lists
- Only a single list of a specific type should be active at one time. If you need to replace a list, deactivate the old one before activating the new one.
- A list can generally be deactivated at any time, but be careful as some list types may affect third-party integrations and other critical functions.
- A list cannot be deleted if it includes items or has been functionally used.
- A list name can generally be changed, but the list type cannot be changed if the list contains items.
Controls the species available when creating or editing patients. This list can be imported.
Controls the breeds available when creating or editing patients. A breed list needs to be connected with a list item (a species) from a species list. Typically, a single Provet Cloud account has a single species list and several breed lists. This list can be imported.
Controls the diagnoses available for selection on consultations. Optionally department-specific. This list can be imported.
Controls the insurance companies available when creating or editing patients. An additional list item property for defining the email address of a company is available.
Consultation note type
Controls the available clinical note types. Individual list items can be specific to departments or department groups. Note that the 'General' note type is always available.
Reporting dimensions 1 and 2
Controls the available reporting dimensions. Optionally department-specific.
Patient statuses 1 to 12
With each patient status list, you can define up to 12 custom patient statuses available on consultations. Each of the list items becomes a single-select option for the respective custom status field. After activating a list, the respective status field must be enabled from the department setting 'Consultation status section fields'. Patient statuses are also known as vitals.
Controls the available financial statement types.
Complication report category
Controls the available complication report categories.
Complication report subcategory
Controls the available complication report subcategories. A subcategory list needs to be connected with a list item (a complication report category) from a complication report category list.
Laboratory reports 1, 2 and 3
Controls the available laboratory reports.
Controls the sample types available when configuring laboratory items in an item list.
VetEnvoy insurance company
Controls the available VetEnvoy insurance companies. Each list item has additional properties for defining an email address and the VetEnvoy ID.
Medicine reason of use types
Controls the options available when selecting the use reason for medicines.
Medicine related diagnosis
Controls the options available when selecting related diagnoses for medicines.
Referral sending reason
Controls the available referral sending reasons.
Referral area of expertise
Controls the available referral areas of expertise.
Item entry subtype
Controls the available item entry subtypes. Optionally department-specific.