This article lists some common issues with label printing and offers troubleshooting steps to solve the issues. If you need more help, please contact Provet Cloud support and describe your issue in detail, including the following information:
- the label you were trying to print
- the Provet Cloud page you tried to print from
- the printer you used
PDF Label Printing and One-Click Printing
Label content is blurry
The sharpness of the printed label content depends on multiple factors. Try the following to improve content quality:
- Increase the resolution (DPI) in the PDF label printer settings (in Settings > General > Integrations > Label printing), for example, to 200 or 300 DPI. A DPI of 203 has worked well with Zebra printers and a DPI of 144 with Dymo printers. Note that a very big resolution may increase label generation time. As a rule of thumb, do not use resolutions over 300 DPI.
- Adjust the web browser's print dialogue print quality and font-weight options (these may be under advanced settings).
There are empty pages in the PDF file
In Provet Cloud PDF label printer settings (Settings > General > Integrations > Label printing), open the PDF printer for editing and save the settings. Then try printing again.
If saving the settings does not help, adjust the width, height and resolution in the settings, save and try printing again.
Label content does not fit in the label
Header and/or footer does not fit in the label
PDF labels are saved in a vector format to render good-quality images, but this means that the header and footer areas are not dynamically adapted to the content. Therefore, these sections may not be completely visible on the label. If the header and footer areas of the label are not visible or do not fit on the label completely, go to Provet Cloud PDF label printer settings (in Settings > General > Integrations > Label printing), change the printer’s Label size option to Customized and adjust the top and bottom margins.
The whole label content is too large
Margins can be defined in several places. Adjust and test the settings in the following order:
- Adjust the printer's advanced settings in the operating system.
- Change the scaling in the browser's printing dialogue or in Provet Cloud ProPrint (macOS) settings (if one-click printing is in use).
- Adjust the margins in the PDF label printer settings in Provet Cloud (in Settings > General > Integrations > Label printing).
Label content is printed sideways
Check and change the default orientation of the page in your printer settings and try printing again. For large address labels, set the orientation to Landscape.
Orientation can be defined in several places. Adjust and test the settings in the following order:
- Adjust the printer settings in the operating system’s settings/control panel.
- Change the orientation of the document in the browser's printing dialogue or in Provet Cloud ProPrint (macOS) settings (if one-click printing is in use).
- Adjust the rotation in the PDF label printer settings in Provet Cloud (in Settings > General > Integrations > Label printing).
Label content is in the right orientation but appears too small or large even though the PDF file looks correct
Try the following:
- Choose another default paper size for your physical printer. For Dymo large address labels, the size 99012 Large Address works well.
- In Provet Cloud ProPrint (macOS) settings (for one-click printing), set the paper width and height the wrong way around (height value in the width field and width value in the height field).
If the previous steps do not help, contact Provet Cloud support and describe the issue in detail. When reporting issues, including images helps Provet Cloud support in solving the issue (see examples below).
No connection for one-click printing
When one-click printing (direct printing) is enabled, the Printing service status in the direct printing settings should show as 'Connected' with a ticked checkbox, and you should see a ticked checkbox icon in print buttons in Provet Cloud. If there is no connection, try the following:
- In Settings > General > Integrations > Direct printing, select the Refresh button.
- For Windows: restart the WebApp Hardware Bridge application.
- Check that the One-click printer type in Provet Cloud settings and the Print Type in WebApp Hardware Bridge configuration (for Windows) or the printer's Type in Provet Cloud ProPrint (for macOS) configuration match exactly.
Problems with page layout, scaling or colour
WebApp Hardware Bridge (for Windows) uses the default settings of the printer in the operating system. Check the printer settings from your operating system settings.
Printer is in offline status
1. Unplug everything.
2. Plug the Dymo printer into the Blackbox.
3. Plug in the Dymo printer power cord.
4. Plug in the Blackbox ethernet cable.
5. Plug in the Blackbox power cord.
Problems with content size and visibility
Try adjusting the Blackbox printer settings in Settings > General > Integrations > Label printing.
Windows Program Label Printing
Label printer does not connect and display an "online" status
1) Confirm and review the integration software settings.
2) If the previous step did not help, restart the workstation that hosts the integration applications.
3) If the previous step did not help, uninstall and reinstall all printing integration applications.
For additional technical support, contact Provet Cloud Support or Dymo support (www.dymo.com).
Problems with printing size
See the steps in the previous section.
For additional label size instructions, see Setting the print preferences in Windows in Setting up your Dymo 450 Turbo Label Printer for Windows PC or Mac.
Label content is too small
Check your Windows scaling settings:
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Select Display settings.
- Under Scale and layout, select 100% for scale.
- Restart the computer.